Used my Romisen RC-G2 during Hurricane Dolly

lukevsdarth

Newly Enlightened
Wow this light is dependable, my family and I are hunkering down here in South Texas. We are surprised of this hurricane. My modded G2 with a Q-5 takes a beating. I dropped it about 8 feet onto concrete. Fell of my hand as i was getting down from the attic. My new roof sprung a leak in the 2" piping used to aerate bathrooms. Well i have used it for a few hours on and off. And as the electricity flashed on and off i still had my trusty light to guide me on the rafters. :candle:And the night with Dolly is not over.

God be with all of South Texas right now.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I hope every one gets though this safely.

I'm glad the light works well in your situation. Maybe installing a lanyard would be a good idea.

:candle: I hope you night to be safe.

Mr. T

Newly Enlightened
How cool! :wow:

Those winds seems to hit Texas quite a bit. Probably best to put one in each corner. ;)

lukevsdarth

Newly Enlightened
Thank you all, The valley got through this but not without a price many had torn roofs, water logged houses since many are in low lying areas and a few thousand are with out electricity for days in a few cities. Trees torn from their roofs and whole subdivisions that are still under 1-3 feet of water. Here it was declared a disaster zone. Luckily I have primaries because no way to recharge my rechargables. Hmmm a 12 volts car charger for CR123a :thinking::banghead:. Ohh well thats why you get a AA Romisen RC-G2 huh.

Pistolero

Enlightened
Sup fellow Hurricane buddy? :wave: Harlingen-ite over here.

We were without power for about 30 hrs and luckily didn't get too much wind/water damage. Some friends just down the street didn't get power back until Sat. Evening. UGH. Heck, my mom just got hers back last night. She's in an upstairs apt. with good ventilation though, so it wasn't that bad.

Luckily, I never needed any serious light usage. Just one night. But I did break out my Coleman fluorescent lantern and some glow sticks. The glow sticks were handy for guidelights in the bathroom and stairwell. Energizer 2in1's went into the bathrooms. (Thank god we didn't lose water.) I also used those Energizer 4AA/3LED fliplight/lanterns.

This sucker was only a Cat2 when it hit us. http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/at20084.asp?feature=radar&MR=1 I hate to think what a Major Hurricane (cat3 or higher) would do.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try losing power for two weeks.......Katrina hit us hard.........couldnt gas for our vehicles, we had to cook using the outdoor grill, and the ice went up in price.

lukevsdarth

Newly Enlightened
Sup Pistolero, That was a neat radar loop never seen that before. It showed the path of Dolly in its entirety. Yeah here in the Mcallen Area, my parents were without light for about a week, some other parts were without light for two weeks. :candle:

Luckily I had already given my dad a solar panel that recharged his RCR123a's to power his R2 UF-502b. My mod I gave him had energy saver and high modes. My mom has one of those 4D battery Energizer CFLs too. Yeah the loss of water would of been a bummer. Here there was a bit of looting luckily I sleep with my Ruger P90. Definately cant think how a more than Category 2 would of hit us. The problem was that hurricane was real slow moving like 4 miles and hour so it took forever to get to us and forever to leave. :shakehead

Sorry to hear about Katrina Alfreddajero, glad you survived it. It was curious it seemed I was the only one at the store that got three bags of ice 1 day before Dolly hit. Everbody else was just shopping and buying frozen food. You gotta be prepared. I day before i recharged all my batteries and put them in those plastic tupperware containers.

Jchoo I have a DSD charger just not a nokia charger I modded a regular car charger to put out 5.5 at 700ma. Now I know about nokias.

Cool to hear from others and hear what other Led, CFLs they used :popcorn:

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just glad you and yours is doing okay......just make sure not too wait for the next one to be prepared.....i set canned goods, and fresh drinking water to the side........and i also keep a 10gallon gas tank in the shed thats in a metal locker.