What LED does the Gen.2 Inova X1 use?

cyberspyder

Enlightened
Mine broke off....the break was at the base of the LED...trying to see if I can solder a wire on it. I know it's a Nichia xxx.

dsc00532vu9.jpg

Thanks, Brendan

Last edited:

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Frequently you'll be able to find GS LEDs on BST for a group buy. Also, I think Kaidomain has Nichia GS fauxtons that would make a perfectly fine donor.

Confederate

Enlightened
I don't know, but does anyone know where I can get some of the "second" (Nichia) generation lights? I already have two of the older lights and they're one of my favorites. It throws a spotlight, but had much better runtimes.

Last edited:

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good luck finding them in general. I've got a spare or two if I can find them; I stocked up on Target's clearance, and I could be convinced to part with one for a twenty.

Also - do you want to use it stock or mod it? One of them came apart and I'm told that normally, these are nigh impossible to crack open for upgrades. That's the only one I ever played with, but for modding potential, it's hard to beat. If you want that one, I'm gonna take a few more good photos before I ship it.

All of 'em, even the open one, come with retail packaging.

Marduke

Flashaholic
The gen 2's were Nicha CS with reflectors. Gen 1's were Nichia BS with a optic which was a spotlight. Both had the same runtime.

cyberspyder

Enlightened
Good luck finding them in general. I've got a spare or two if I can find them; I stocked up on Target's clearance, and I could be convinced to part with one for a twenty.

Also - do you want to use it stock or mod it? One of them came apart and I'm told that normally, these are nigh impossible to crack open for upgrades. That's the only one I ever played with, but for modding potential, it's hard to beat. If you want that one, I'm gonna take a few more good photos before I ship it.

All of 'em, even the open one, come with retail packaging.

Sure..PM me?