My E2DL got used in science class today!!!

aussiebob

Enlightened
In science we are studying Information Systems as part of our course.
Today we were learning about optical fibres and how light travels through them, anyhow the light box that conected to the fibres would not turn on, the teacher was unscrewing the bulb and looking at it, she screwed it back but still no workie. I was thinking if my E2DL in my bag would fit into the light box so i got it out and said to her to try it, she took out the bulb and I put the light through and turned it on. There were 4 tubes of around 20 or so fibres and as soon as i turned it on they were all illuminated.
She thanked me and carried on with the lesson talking about how the fibres can be bent and what not and still carry a signal.

It made my day, i was a little hesitant about getting it out, it could have been considered a weapon or something at school, but not a word was said. No one even asked why i carry a light to school.
Lucky i had it with me today as i doubt my L0D would have been large enough to fit in the box.
:):):):):):)

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice to know we have flashaholics starting early ;)

Back when I was in school (I'm 22 so that wasn't *too* long ago) I didn't carry a light. Sure, I loved having flashlights at home although they were all cheap 2xAA incandescents, but it never occured to me to take one to school.

I did however, sneak in a gameboy and play it too much between classes :whistle:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
My friend(sadly not me) got to use my light in his class.

The teacher was doing a demonstration with some kind of plankton and needed a light for them to change color. My friend came and asked me before the class and I let him borrow the light. The plankton changed color instantly, at least that what he told me.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha, to be honest I would've probably kept my mouth shut so I won't be known as the flashlight geek (well my friends know I am, but I'd rather keep strangers not).

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
lol, i think i would have kept quiet too....knowing my class mates they would have been celebrating that the bulb didnt work, so we wouldnt have to do that part of the experiment.

nice save though!

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol, i think i would have kept quiet too....knowing my class mates they would have been celebrating that the bulb didnt work, so we wouldnt have to do that part of the experiment.

nice save though!
yeah i made the mistake in a situaiton like that and i wasnt so popular that day.... :candle:

blinder switch

Newly Enlightened
That is excellent. I have 3 of those and they are a nice light, to say the least. 2 ea AR 15 mounted and 1 currently in storage. Fiber optics is all over the place here underground about 2 to 3 feet, also on a side note.

Illum

Flashaholic
funny coincidence...I was using my E2DL [E2D+ KL4-BK] to help a professor with the projector today. her remote had dead batteries, I don't typically EDC AAs so I had to reach for the buttons on the projector mounted on the ceiling. :D

font 12 7 feet high looks like font 8 to me:shakehead

Illum

Flashaholic
you oughta be ashamed for yourself, this is conduct unbecoming of a CPF member...:candle:
why EDC a light in HS? :eek: :aaa: :twak:
thou shalt speak nothing of such a question!:D

aussiebob

Enlightened
Why do you carry a light to HS?
Well, i always have my L0D with me at school and some days i carry a extra if the weather looks bad or something, lucky yesterday was one of those days.
I think the most lights ive ever taken to school would have been about 5.

american lockpicker

Enlightened
I used to carry a Radio Shack 2 AA or AAA (I can't remember its been so long ago)penlight in Junior High and a Maglite Solitaire in High School. Once I got my Radio Shack penlight taken away because my teacher thought it was a laser pointer.

tricker

Enlightened
you oughta be ashamed for yourself, this is conduct unbecoming of a CPF member...:candle:
why EDC a light in HS? :eek: :aaa: :twak:
thou shalt speak nothing of such a question!:D

do not smitten him, he was correct

no one should carry a light, they need to carry many lights... as one is none, and buy both are prevalant mottos here also:poke::grin2: