for those that removed the clip from an e2e

DHCrocks

Newly Enlightened
I took off my clip, got a good tip here use a towel and slide it between the clip and the body all the way up and while holding the towel and clip together give it a tug. It will come off easily and not scratch the body. Anyway, back to my question how do you screw the head back on without distorting the o-ring. Every time I try, slow, fast, wet, dry, even trying to hold it in place the o-ring starts to bunch up in the gap where the clip was.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Call SureFire 800-828-8809 and ask for either the little washer or plastic widget for your E2e's accessory attachment point.

Al

dougmccoy

Enlightened
I agree with Al, the only way to stop the O ring from deforming is to make sure the gap where the clip was is filled. Do be aware though that the plastic washer supplied by SF may cause your light to cease functioning. It seems that on some E2e's that there is a very small machining difference between some E2e bodies and others. I have 2x E2e's and one works with the washer in place and the other doesn't! If you do a search you will find that other folks have had this problem as well. IMHO you will be better off getting hold of the plastic widgets. Although they can be difficult to insert no one has complained about them since they were first introduced. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Doug

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
You definately need the washer. The plug works only with the clip. Get both though. You may need to tighten down a bit on the head if the washer does not work at first.

Cheers.