Wow your a fanatic or something...?

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, whats your position:

You are in an every day type of work, like office environment or what ever, do you carry a small EDC to easily conceal it because of what other people think like a 1 cell CR123 light? Or are you the person who is typing emails at work with people stairing at your TK10 or P3D on your belt, and when you are met with ridicule or stupid questions, do you defend your right to carry a light, and maybe throw in something to make them feel stupid for not carrying a light?

I personally am the kind of person who wants a 2 cell light everywhere, but i think in that situation, i would scale down to my P3D Q5, and hope to find a good low profile holster. I refuse to be withought light, i do care to some degree what people think when they look at my belt, but not to the point where i compromise too much. Also if i am accosted by someone, i will give them a piece of my mind, and make them feel small for not having one. Just my personal thing i guess.

Whats your personality?

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is why I love my D10. It's the smallest AA light I have ever used, and still as powerful or even brighter than many 2AA lights.

I really don't care that people notice my lights, but for ease of carry having a single cell light is great.

pbs357

Enlightened
I don't use my lights for work, so I EDC small. 100+ (NDI) Lumens on high is enough to find lost things on the ground at night, or navigate my way through a dark area.

EDIT: I do get crap from some co-workers who put it as "he collects flashlights" which I don't - I use them all. They see the packages coming in, especially parts from HK with "flashlight" printed on the customs label so they think because I have more than one I must "collect" them. I used to blow it off, but the most recent comment was "how many do you have on you now?" which one guy asked while laughing. I responded "Two. I also collect guns - think I have any of those on me now???" She walked away quietly. Funny, nobody says anything when I have a case of .556 ammo delivered to my office... :shrug:

Last edited:

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
At school I keep a very low profile, but at home It's time to strap on the Task Force. Any where I go I have it on my belt, through I try to cover it up with long shirts if I can. Most people just think it's a cell phone:ohgeez::D!

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
LOL. that is funny, no body makes fun of my knife collection, flashlight, yes lol.

i normally dont carry any flashlights on my belt...i try not to carry anything on my belt. everything goes in my pocket

E2d cliped to my pocket

p3d in my pocket away from eyes.

mostly everybody knows i love my flashlights, i dont hide them, i can careless what they think, cuz when the lights are out. or anytime they need a light, they'll think about me, and i wont look so " nerdy/dorky/geeky" then LOL

jake25

Enlightened
I don't use my lights for work, so I EDC small. 100+ (NDI) Lumens on high is enough to find lost things on the ground at night, or navigate my way through a dark area.

EDIT: I do get crap from some co-workers who put it as "he collects flashlights" which I don't - I use them all. They see the packages coming in, especially parts from HK with "flashlight" printed on the customs label so they think because I have more than one I must "collect" them. I used to blow it off, but the most recent comment was "how many do you have on you now?" which one guy asked while laughing. I responded "Two. I also collect guns - think I have any of those on me now???" She walked away quietly. Funny, nobody says anything when I have a case of .556 ammo delivered to my office... :shrug:
hahah that made me laugh

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast

I had this similar thing, when i was on a course a last year. There was a guy with some eye problem, i think it was called something pigmentosa or something, basically he had bad night vision and had slight tunel vision. He told me his doctor told him to buy a flashlight to have with him, but it was way too big, and theres no way hes walking around with a C or D size battery flashlight. (i will just stay at home if thats the case). So what i decided to do, was tell him about my fenix flashlights, and how they would help him to see. Well, after explaining, and showing a P3D Q5 and P3D CE i got some stick after that people saying to me as we are going down stairs "how many flashlights do you carry again?" (laughing, and brushing past me pushing me to one side). I dont care, because when the power goes out, guess who will be told to go Fk them selves.... Oh yea, no night vision for them.

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer the 2xcr123 format. I usually pocket carry the lights at work. Sometimes I have a 2 or 3 cell maghotwire I keep in my back pocket or by the door. Strictly for illumination purposes of course.:D

arty

Enlightened
I think that you are referring to retinitis pigmentosa. A Surefire L4 is great for people with severe RP.

I like my lights at work small and in the pocket - an Arc AAA and another - sometimes a Peak Pacific with a pocket CR2 case. Sometimes it is another AAA light, but brighter than the ARC. I usually have something larger in my case.

pbs357

Enlightened
hahah that made me laugh

Ya, I was a bit mad and rolling my eyes when I said it but it sure is funny now! Next time I get a case of ammo in, I should ask if anyone wants to see my bullet collection :eek: Some people need to mind their own business sheesh! I still don't know why owning/carrying a flashlight is so "uncool" to some people - it gets dark out EVERY day of the week! :shrug:

Last edited:

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep an Arc AAA-P on my keychain, and a small light in my watch pocket (Orb RAW, Orb AL, or JiL DD). They don't attract too much curiosity.

What gets the most attention is the number of lights that show up at the office. Either mods, or my purchases. I frequently hear "how many lights do you need"? At least my wife doesn't complain. :thumbsup:

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I personally find that my raw al does me fine, and it's an absolutely tiny light. The small size really works well for EDC as I lose it in my pocket until I need to use it.

If the situation called for it (i.e, working in law enforcement or camping at night in bear country or similar) I'd have no problem holster-carrying my TK11, but I don't see the point in EDC'ing a bigger light since my raw al does everything I could need it to. It's not so much I'm embarrassed about my lights, but more that I find smaller lights much easier to carry.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, whats your position:

You are in an every day type of work, like office environment or what ever, do you carry a small EDC to easily conceal it because of what other people think like a 1 cell CR123 light? Or are you the person who is typing emails at work with people stairing at your TK10 or P3D on your belt, and when you are met with ridicule or stupid questions, do you defend your right to carry a light, and maybe throw in something to make them feel stupid for not carrying a light?

I personally am the kind of person who wants a 2 cell light everywhere, but i think in that situation, i would scale down to my P3D Q5, and hope to find a good low profile holster. I refuse to be withought light, i do care to some degree what people think when they look at my belt, but not to the point where i compromise too much. Also if i am accosted by someone, i will give them a piece of my mind, and make them feel small for not having one. Just my personal thing i guess.

Whats your personality?
You think that's bad? Just wait untill you get into the Knife Hobby! people will start thinking you're some sort of a potential serial killer for having a 2 inches EDC blade on you...

Marduke

Flashaholic
In the office, one or two 1xAAA lights on me, and perhaps a Photon. I have a few extras stashed in the drawer if needed.

MS3

Newly Enlightened
I'm a noob that sits in front of a computer most days - D10 in the pocket right now, Tiablo A1 on the desk at home in case I want to make a switch. Those are my only 2 "real" flashlights to date....

Thinking of getting a cr123a single cell light, but don't know what else I might like as the D10 really fits 98% of why I want a flashlight. I may also get an 18650 based light for camping, but that's off topic..........

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
You think that's bad? Just wait untill you get into the Knife Hobby! people will start thinking you're some sort of a potential serial killer for having a 2 inches EDC blade on you...
True, that's why I usually just carry a multi-tool like a leatherman or Gerber, which are far less threatening.