Anyone have a Voyager XL light and sound machine?

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to be a dealer for these and still have and use this fascinating LED light and sound device. Unfortunately in the process of a move I have misplaced my operator manual for it. I didn't have all the programs memorized and desperately need a particular program for someone with insomnia as I'm fairly sure this will help them. If anyone has a manual for this and could either look for some of the Delta programs or ones that will likely produce deep sleep I'd really appreciate it. If anyone can scan the manual pages of the programs that would really be great but I'd be thrilled to just get the program numbers for a good sleep program.
Thanks for any help on this!

Last edited:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow - a bunch of gadgeteers, tecno-nerds, LEDaholics and no one has an LED based mind Voyager? This unit can be really fun or used for serious learning, relaxation, energizing and so on in case you are not familiar with them. They really do work and amazingly well. I was told Al Gore got one many years ago. They work by synchronizing the left and right brain hemispheres into various states from Delta (deep sleep) to Theta, Beta or Alpha. These are measurable brain wave frequencies associated with various states like relaxed awareness, deep sleep, high level performance or learning states. It's all fascinating but for now I cannot find my user manual to set this up for a deep relaxation or sleep program. Anyone?

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Kevin - good info there on the Voyager but I didn't see any link to a manual. The manual has a description for each of the 50 pre-loaded programs and a key sequence you punch in to get that program ready to start. While I can pick a relaxation program there are 10 different ones and some are much better for a quick mid-day break whereas others are best to put you to sleep for the night. I need to find the sleep ones. I'll probably have to just start running each one until I remember which one was best for sleep but they are 12 to about 45 minutes each so I was just hoping someone had a manual.