Bought My First Surefire LED

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well times must be changing... I actually paid money for a Surefire LED flashlight. I did buy a P60 some time ago, nice light, I use it as my Incan reference. I have 2 L1 (old ones), that I got for free. They are also nice lights like everyone says, but I don't use them much as I prefer other lights.

So... since the UB2 & UA2 are no where in sight I actually got the E1B... it's true... you might say how could you buy such an ugly light? ...well the reason is that person that pasted the E1B with Z68 tail-cap photographs and all the people that reposted it or referenced it. With that tail cap I must say I just thought it LOOKED GREAT. ...And it allows it to tail-stand.

The interface is simple, but also functional. I can loan this light out and I thing people will be able to use the two modes without any problem, and never get mixed up. Initial impressions of the beam are good, but I need to play with it longer for that.

I would actually buy a second one for fun and as a loaner, but the extra cost required to get the Z68 tailcap prevents me. If Surefire wants to really sell a lot of these I think they should ship a version with the Z68.

Well just wanted to say I'm happy! Shine On! :D:grin2:;):popcorn:

matt0

Enlightened
I wouldn't say the E1B is "ugly"

I'm not a huge fan of the big head with the slender body but it still looks alright even with the stock tailcap. The KX1 and KX2 both look better with the machined flats on them rather than the smooth slope with the E1B head.

I really like my E1B and after seeing all those pictures of the Z68 on it, I ordered one as well and now it's MUCH better.