E2D/E2DL tailcap

Wick

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know the part number (Z#) for the tailcap on an E2D/E2DL? If so, are they available as a separate item anywhere? Thanks.

generic808

Enlightened
Surefire doesn't offer them seperately so your best bet would be on B/S/T. ttran97 usually has a bunch on hand. Check out his E series parts thread.

Illum

Flashaholic
the E2D/E2DL tailcap wasn't meant to be sold as a stand alone part, hence its absence in surefires category system

the only source of E2DL TC I know of is through Ttran97 is BST dealers section, he sells the lights in separate components rather than one light together.

Last edited:

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, so many accolades for this ttran97 fella! I hear he's handsome AND quite the ladies' man too! :crackup:

Edit: oh, and I'm out of the E2DL tailcaps for now. They usually go fast. High demand. Same with Z59 clickies for the 6P

Last edited:

generic808

Enlightened
I don't know about "handsome" and "ladies' man", but he is a great guy and one of the best sellers here! :nana: :crackup:

Last edited:

matt0

Enlightened
FWIW, The front of the Z68 package says it fits the E2D and M600. On the back, it show an E2D tailcap screwing into an M600 body.

Maybe both tailcaps (scalloped and smooth) have the same Z number?

Size15's

Flashaholic
FWIW, The front of the Z68 package says it fits the E2D and M600. On the back, it show an E2D tailcap screwing into an M600 body.
Maybe both tailcaps (scalloped and smooth) have the same Z number?
Nope. There is only one Z68 - the shrouded one.
Before it's introduction SureFire made do with the crenelated Clickie because they needed to supply something during the time between the Z68 being designed and it actually entering supply. The US Military etc could not wait for their ScoutLights.
The graphics work is a left-over relic and will be updated when SureFire notice and then get the time to change it.

Last edited:

stinkydeelux01

Newly Enlightened
I called Surefire to get a replacement tailcap for my E2D after it lost clicky function (I've used it a lot) and looks like the internal P/N is 16063-1, FWIW.

Great customer service, had the replacement in just a few days, free of charge. I think it helped that they could see I had bought my Defender off their site a couple years ago.

IMG_2956.JPG

Size15's

Flashaholic
Thanks for sharing the photos with part number details. This confirms that it doesn't have a part name (such as a Z number)

Please can you take a photo showing the insides of the TailCap compared with your broken one?

stinkydeelux01

Newly Enlightened
Here you go, not the highest quality I'm afraid but you can see the use the old cap got and the difference inside on the new appears to be a more significant attachment of the spring in the new one, definitely not the same as the old one.

IMG_2957.JPG
IMG_2958.JPG

Wick

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to everybody for the information. Not necessarily interested in purchasing one right now, just debating options for a future project.

-Wick

LumenMan

Enlightened
Yes, it's good to see Surefire taking a proactive role in keeping their products state of the art :)