• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired For Sale: 5xCree R2 Black 2D Mag with carbon fiber-price drop

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
Mag2.jpg

Up for sale is my first Mag build, it's been my night shift light since I built it but I'm trying to build something new now. It's not perfect, it wasn't assembled in a clean room and the center "flood" led got slightly squished during trial assembly but it doesn't affect the beam at all. I used good parts and it's been tried and tested, it doesn't overheat and throws very well. I don't remember the bin on the Cree's but they're very warm, I think I got them from Enrique. The Shark/Remora combo is the low/med/high/SOS one. The spring has been shortened as it's designed to run off 2 "D" lithiums but no batteries are supplied. Anyway, if you've wanted a multi-Cree mag and either can't build one or can't pay someone to, this is for you. There's a couple beamshots here.

$25-1x 2 D Maglight
$50-5x Cree R2
$20-4x IMS17 reflectors
$50-1x Shark w/ Remora
$7-1x Shark sink "D"
$3-1x Glass lens
$10- Carbon fiber
$5- misc. connectors and wire

I'm basically just trying to get my money back out of this for more parts. I had fun building this and got my use so I'm passing it on for what it cost me to build. Factor in shipping on all that from the various sources and let's call it a round $200+$10 shipped in the US. Paypal only, outside the US we can discuss shipping. Thanks for looking

~Chip

Last edited:

spencer

Enlightened
Re: For Sale: 5xCree R2 Black 2D Mag with carbon fiber-$200

This is a beautiful light and I remember when you built it. The bare emitter as flood has always struck me as an excellent idea and I really want to do a build like this. LOVE the carbon fiber. Good luck with your sale.

martonic

Enlightened
Hi wvaltakis2, nice light!

Where is the carbon fiber, and what purpose does it serve?

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
Thanks guys, if I didn't have something even crazier up my sleeve I probably wouldn't even sell it. The carbon fiber is used for a face plate around the reflectors and center LED, not really needed but it looks nice;). There's another shot of the head in the linked thread.

~Chip