LG Dare screen display problem?

mrsinbad

Enlightened
I have a question for all you LG Dare owners out there.

I just took delivery of my LG Dare and when it goes into "standby mode," the screen dims, but the right side of the screen is darker than the rest of the screen. I'm not sure if the screen is defective or if my OCD is kicking in.

Does this happen to you guys, or is my phone defective?

Should I go to a shrink?

Should I go to a Verizon store and exchange it?

Should I go to a Verizon store, exchange it, and then go to a shrink?

Aluminous

Enlightened
I have a question for all you LG Dare owners out there.

I just took delivery of my LG Dare and when it goes into "standby mode," the screen dims, but the right side of the screen is darker than the rest of the screen. I'm not sure if the screen is defective or if my OCD is kicking in.

Does this happen to you guys, or is my phone defective?

Should I go to a shrink?

Should I go to a Verizon store and exchange it?

Should I go to a Verizon store, exchange it, and then go to a shrink?

I have no knowledge of this particular LG phone, but people I know with various LG phones over the past several years have had a number of strange sometimes-intermittent/sometimes-permanent screen problems. One was so odd, it prompted me to do some looking around online, and I found that weird screen behaviors seem to be relatively more common among LG phones than other brands.

If someone gets a flaky one, it tends to gradually develop more / worse / more-frequent problems.

So odds are that this problem is not your imagination, and odds are it will lead to more-troublesome problems in the future, so I would definitely try to exchange it. :)