NiteCore D10 Silver vs. Yellow

4EN[sic]

Newly Enlightened
My buddy and I both got D10s, mine is a silver backed led and his is a yellow backed one. Mine is slightly brighter and whiter, while his has more of a blue tint to it. Is this just a variance in the led emitter itself, or could it be from the different colored backing?

:candle:

Marduke

Flashaholic
Yellow core is US made, silver core is China assembled. The slight tint difference is probably from just being on opposite sides of the WC tint bin, which the D10 uses.

darknessemitter

Enlightened
Yellow core is US made, silver core is China assembled. The slight tint difference is probably from just being on opposite sides of the WC tint bin, which the D10 uses.

Do the U.S. and China versions have any unique characteristics other than appearance?

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
They have the same performance, other say "silver" is cooler in color, and "silver" are slightly higher so it's possible to get slightly different beam.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have three Nitecore lights: an NDI with yellow LED coating, an Extreme and an EX10 with the silver one.

In my case the NEX has a warmer tint, not as warm as the Incendio's WD Q5 but near to it. The NDI is definitely cool white but no blue in it and the EX10 is in between, warmish.
I would say that there is some initial difference between the yellow and silver Q5's with the latter being a bit warmer but then the bin lottery comes into the picture....;)

brucec

Enlightened
I have three Nitecore lights: an NDI with yellow LED coating, an Extreme and an EX10 with the silver one.

In my case the NEX has a warmer tint, not as warm as the Incendio's WD Q5 but near to it. The NDI is definitely cool white but no blue in it and the EX10 is in between, warmish.
I would say that there is some initial difference between the yellow and silver Q5's with the latter being a bit warmer but then the bin lottery comes into the picture....;)

Interesting...I have two P2D Q5's, one yellow and one silver. The yellow one is just so ever slightly warmer than the silver one which is almost perfectly white by my eye. But really, they are nearly identical in beam color, output, spot, and brightness. Aesthetically, I prefer the silver one because it just looks so clean and tidy. Not like it was sneezed on and left to dry.

Another interesting fact is that I purchased the US made yellow one in China, and the China made silver one in the US.