Fenix L1D and L2D, Premium ?

IceRat

Newly Enlightened
Hey Everyone,

You are all nuts!!! and now I am too.

Last night my Dad and I were walking back to the car in the dark after fishing. He dug in his vest and turned his trusty Mini Mag and then I turned on my L1T I had on my belt. Well it's the same story you all probably know, wasn't long till he said "get me one of those."

I think I am going to give him the L1T and up grade to the premium L1D or the premium L2D, but I can't decide which one to get.

Does both lights have the same heads so I can just order the body and have both? I like the size of the L1D but the power of the L2D. I don't want to order the wrong stuff and have to return it. My friend has a L1T v2 and a L2T and they are not interchangable heads, I just want to be sure the plain L1D body fits the premium L2D head.

I want to order the L2D [L2Db.q5] and the L1D body [L1Db-bodytail].

Thanks a lot, this a great site!

Niconical

Enlightened
You can order the L2D, plus the L1D body, and swap the bodies for 2xAA / 1xAA use.

You can also buy a P2D body and have it as 1xCR123A.

The head, fitted to any of the 3 bodies, plus the other 2 bodies kept with it or available, makes a really versatile package.

:)

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
L1D / L2D head are same, and works with: L1D / L2D body. L1D / L2D tails are same as well.

L1D/L2D head same as P2D head. But P2D body and P2D tail is different from L1D/L2D body and tail.

Hope this helps. You'll love these lights.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes if you buy L2D Q5 "WHOLE" then yes you can just buy L1d body & tailcap too they match...BUT i think after you see the L2D in action you may want to give your dad same thing because its just to good , treat your dad to something good after all hes done for you...so get 2 L2D's and 1 L1d body & tail for you

Gator762

Enlightened
Just to chime in... Think what you will EDC more, the L1 or L2. Order that one as the light to get the holster, then order the tube with or without the tailcap as the spare.

There is also a cap for the top now, so if you get the tube+tailcap, the other can be a spare battery holder. :)

Gunner12

Flashaholic
As the above posters have said, the L1D and L2D have the same circuits and threading so the bodies will fit. The P2D also has the same circuit and threading so the bodes fit too. The P2D and LxDs have a different sized tailcap though. The L1T and L2T V2.0 both also work with the L1D/L2D/P2D body so that can be a choice too.

:welcome:

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can order the L2D, plus the L1D body, and swap the bodies for 2xAA / 1xAA use.

You can also buy a P2D body and have it as 1xCR123A.

The head, fitted to any of the 3 bodies, plus the other 2 bodies kept with it or available, makes a really versatile package.

:)

Keep your L1T and get the above package for your dad.

It'll make him think that you're appreciative of everying he's given you in life. ;)

Gunner12

Flashaholic

It'll make him think that you're appreciative of everying he's given you in life. ;)
Good point.

If you think he would like a simpler light, get the L1T V2.0 or L2T V2.0 and buy the other bodies.

Keep the L1T as a beater light.

edap617

Newly Enlightened
L1D Q5 and L2D Q5 have the same lumens output in low, med and high. The only difference is on turbo mode. L1D only 120 lumens while L2D delivers 180 lumens. L2D have twice the runtime in all modes.

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast

Of course, it's always much easier for ME to suggest how other people should spend THEIR money. (Like I know the specifics of your budget and the intricacies of the relationship between you and your dad or something.) In re-reading, my suggestion sounds almost preachy, and I didn't mean it sound that way, in case it did. Just one of those "dad sentiment" things. :)

IceRat

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the replys!!

Dad is going to get the L1T, he is older and won't get fustrated with the different levels. I have to set the time on his VCR for daylight saving :whistle:

I'll get the L2D and and maybe the P1 body, I didn't know it would fit. Its smaller that the L1D. I have a E01 for EDC. I bought it the end of April, and use it every day and I'm still on the first battery... amazing! I have bought three other E01's for people, and Dad has a gold one :)

Thanks again!

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The P1 body doesn't fit, neither does the P1D or L0D. The P3D'd bodies fit but the battery voltage is too high.

The P2D's body fits.

They also have a storage cap so you can use the empty bodies as battery storage cases.

IceRat

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered the L2D premium and the P2 body (with the CPF8 discount). These model numbers are easy to mix up:duh2:

Now time will slow down wait for my package.

Thanks gang!

youreacrab

Enlightened
I just downgraded from a L2D-Q5-Textured to a L2T-Q2-Textured. The difference in brightness is marginal. If you love the simpler interface, the L2T is a fantastic light too.