EX10 (1xCR123A) and D10 (1xAA) Part 6

jchoo

Enlightened
Part 5

CPF Marketplace Thread

4Sevens has posted a CPF Marketplace thread regarding these new lights, with complete preorder information and an official features/UI description. Check it out!

Full product information is now posted to Fenix-Store.

https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_55&products_id=501
https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_55&products_id=502

ETA:

These are NOT Fenix products, but 4sevens/NiteCore!

4sevens posted a teaser pic for us here!

Updated summary of features here!

Last edited by a moderator:

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
nanotech17 said:
so you still have not received yours?
but you received your Dosun from Fenix-Store?

Yup. Still nothing :(

Had to travel away a few days ago, so i diverted my mail to the new address. That should add up to 3 days to shipping time. Taking that into account, it will be a full month on 2nd or 3rd and i think i'll be officially proclaiming it MIA at that point :shakehead

Last edited:

m16a

Enlightened

Had to travel away a few days ago, so i diverted my mail to the new address. That should add up to 3 days to shipping time. Taking that into account, it will be a full month on 2nd or 3rd and i think i'll be officially proclaiming it MIA at that point :shakehead

:(

Keep the faith, USPS shall come through, if not, 4sevens shall!

alibaba

Enlightened
LED-holic
user_offline.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by loanshark
I love this light... couldn't be better as far as I'm concerned. My L1D Q5 still gets used a bit, but not near as much as the ND10...

4Sevens in one of the many D10 threads made mention of some destructive testing. I'd be very interested to hear some details!! Forgive me if they are posted somewhere and I've missed them.

I would love to see some D10 / EX10 destructive testing. But I love my D10s too much to intentionally destroy them. Based upon my use so far they're pretty dang durable. :thumbsup:

Amen to that! I'm liking my D10 more and more and would LOVE to know that it can take a beating. I've read many posts about various expensive (>$50) LED torches that were killed by a single drop and they scare me! The last one I saw was an LF5XT that was killed by a 7 foot drop onto concrete. I've already dropped my D10 from 6' onto concrete and it still works fine. Still, with the durability of LED's being a major selling point for most manufacturers it'd be nice if they pot/epoxy the electronics to make them as durable as the emitter.

Last edited:

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sleep with my D10. Last night I fell asleep with it in my hand and I somehow managed to click the light on. I woke up this morning and it was still on. Fortunately it was at the lowest setting, so the Eneloop is still going strong. Amazing that it can stay on low all night, and the battery still acts as if it's 100%. :D

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
did i buy the wrong nitecore

my EX10 is on its way but i was wondering if i bought the right one, there are a lot more posts about the D10 than there are about the EX10.

Now i know they are the same torch just differrent batteries, i bought the EX10 because its smaller and probably better to EDC so i dont see why there are more posts about the D10.:shrug:

Its making me want to buy the D10 aswell before they ship my EX10:D

cabbynate

Newly Enlightened
Re: did i buy the wrong nitecore

my EX10 is on its way but i was wondering if i bought the right one, there are a lot more posts about the D10 than there are about the EX10.

Now i know they are the same torch just differrent batteries, i bought the EX10 because its smaller and probably better to EDC so i dont see why there are more posts about the D10.:shrug:

Its making me want to buy the D10 aswell before they ship my EX10:D
Buy it!!
You can always find a AA battery. Look at it this way, If there it 100,000,000 AA batteries in the world, there is probably just 1,000,000 CR123's. You will find AA batteries everywhere. Not the case with the CR123's.

Zenster

Enlightened

You bought the EX10 without ordering the D10 at the same time?
What the hell were you thinking? :eek:

Seriously, if you wanted the smallest light, then you bought the right one.
I was surprised to set the EX10 and the D10 end-to-end on a table and note that their diameters are very close with the EX10 being just a "smidgeon" larger in diameter.

Before I received those two Nitecores, I "assumed" that the EX10 would be about the same diameter as my 120P for no other reason than that they both used CR123 batteries.
But I really was surprised to see that they managed to trim the EX10's diameter down to what they did.
I think of the two lights as being virtually identical in size except for the D10 being about 1/2" longer than the EX10.

Still, you really should make them a pair by adding the D10 to your collection because of it's use of the ubiqitous AA battery.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast

another £30 cant hurt that much...im scaring myself i dont need the damn light i just want it, help me somebody please:sick2:.

so how many people prefer the cr123 battery over the AA for their nitecore smart PD can i start a poll on this?

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast

Before I received those two Nitecores, I "assumed" that the EX10 would be about the same diameter as my 120P for no other reason than that they both used CR123 batteries.
But I really was surprised to see that they managed to trim the EX10's diameter down to what they did.
If you're surprised that they managed to keep the EX10 that small in diameter, then you might be floored by the 123 powered IncenDio. I measure the body section without knurling on the IncenDio to be smaller than on the D10! Now that's thin for a 123 light!

Edit to Add: The size of the NovaTac is one of the reasons, probably the main reason, why I never got one. I want .. Power in my Pocket... but I don't want the guy standing across from to be able to see it in there! :)

And abarth_1200, no, you didn't buy the wrong light. You just bought the EX10 first. Once you see how nice it is, you'll order the D10..... just like I did. :D

Last edited:

GBH2

Newly Enlightened

another £30 cant hurt that much...im scaring myself i dont need the damn light i just want it, help me somebody please:sick2:.

so how many people prefer the cr123 battery over the AA for their nitecore smart PD can i start a poll on this?

I have both. I actually prefer the ex10. Here are a couple of threads about people's preference between the d10 and ex10 - including a poll.;)

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/203211

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/201101

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry to hear that.
Hope you can get some alternative workaround.
My friend waited for more than 2 weeks to get his D10,i received my EX10 exactly after 9 days,the same from the sandwich shoppe,PhotonFanatic,BOG,Unforgiven,Lighthound,TNC online etc.
My friend contacted Matt@FenixStore about his D10 and Matt informed him sometimes it could take up to 6 weeks to get.
YMMV though :sigh:
I'm not saying it's Fenix-Store at fault.

clintb

Enlightened
Bad anodizing on EX10?

I've only EDC'd my NiteCore EX10 a couple of times, never anything else in the pocket, and haven't dropped it. Heck, it's taken a back seat to my D10 and LF5XT, for that matter. Today, I noticed what appeared to be a discoloration, possibly food (never know!), and used my thumbnail to nudge it and the anodizing flaked off. Quite easily, too. I'm really surprised how easy it came off, I mean my nails aren't made of steel.

jbviau

Enlightened
Re: Bad anodizing on EX10?

To be honest, the scraped part looks like it's sticking out from the edge of the tailcap. Are you sure it's not some type of adhesive on top of the metal that you scraped?

ruriimasu

Enlightened
darn! i just dropped my D10 for the 1st time today (from about 4 feet). it was one of those u were thinking of something and just let go of the grip thing... :mecry: i immediately picked it up, checked for any physical damage, then clicked on to check for functional damage. ramped up and down, min and max and it worked! pheeeeeeeew :D was i glad it could withstand shocks as claimed :twothumbs: