Curse you, NovaTac!

spyderknut

Enlightened
Ok, I like flashlights a lot.

I have an assortment of Fenixes, Surfires, Inovas among other slightly more rare beasts (just not The Beast:sigh:, yet). I have a Thor and a Sam's HID. I have a half dozen headlights including a Stenlight.

I have been screwed by DSpeck ordering and prepaying for not one but two Fire~Fly IIIs just before he went AWOL.:xyxgun:

I am soon to acquire a Lummi Wee or two and am contantly adding things here and there.

My wife thinks I am nuts but fortunately does not give me too much grief.

My favorite lights to date have been my HDS EDCs. I have a B42SRGT that is my EDC and a U60 with an 18650 tube and trit bezel that is my nightstand light. Both have Ti clips.

I watched the change to NovaTac and remain curious over why Henry left so fast. I have cheered the rise of Ra from my computer chair and await the twisty.

I was on the Your Corner Store site a couple of weeks ago and noticed there was only one of the 120P NovaTacs left in stock. I had been eyeing these for a while and the price was right so I pulled the trigger.

The 120P is a very nice light with minor refinements over the HDS series in terms of finish, tailstand, included bezel, UI. I was very surprised by how small a margin the 120P outperformed my EDC42XRGT. The HDS remains in my pocket -- perfect tint is important for at least part of what I use it for.

But my bone to pick with NovaTac is the packaging. At the bottom of the back of the package it boasts the NovaTac as "The last flashlight you will ever need."

Now what is a flashaholic supposed to do after his wife reads something like that?:twak:!

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
NovaTac are marketing to flashaholics, so they were obviously joking! Tell her that.

Triple A

Newly Enlightened
Tell her that the box was for another model, not the one you got...

Perfect. Just tell her that the one you purchased is actually the "50th" from the last flashlight you'll ever purchase....This Year.

Better Yet- Ditch the packaging before arriving home with your beautiful new light! Do you ever really make it home with the light still in the package anyway?

Great Light- one of my favorites and I use it every day. Don't pass this one up!

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
...Do you ever really make it home with the light still in the package anyway?

When I went to the post depot to pick up my Fenix-store package yesterday, I was so tempted to open the package on the way home and take a look that I was worried about my sanity :crackup:

spyderknut

Enlightened
Unfortunately my packages always come to my home, usually while I am at work. Emails confirming my orders are also readily available to my wife. I would rather have her pissed at me for buying something than pissed at me for keeping secrets from her though.

One of my business partners is having stuff shipped to a female friend's house so his wife won't know. Should I give him some friendly advice or just sit back and wait for the fireworks :popcorn:? I do consider him a friend.

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually open my packages right after the mailman's finish scanning it...:green: