• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Ti 2x123 McClickie Pak Wave(s)

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,

As what I consider to be an obvious extension of the single CR123 paks, HERE, I also had some 2x123 paks machined and this had been mentioned in other threads. Well I have ~ 100 of these on order and received the first lot a couple days ago. By next weekend, I should have the balance of them on hand and assembled as well.

The titanium 2x123 McClickie pak:

2x123Packs.jpg

This pak is essentially a titanium 2x123 Aleph or E series compatable pak. It has the same ribbed profile that i used in some 2x123 clickie paks for the "x2" based converter heads. The tail is identical to the single cell McClickie paks and it uses the same Ti belt clip. The previous 2x123 Ti paks used a longer clip.

As a rule, I don't offer Ti components separately but there is so much in the population that is based on the E-series architecture that I feel these paks do make sense on a stand alone offering and besides, I really wanted a few for myself! :eek:

Beyond all of the custom heads and limited production heads here on CPF, there is also the new SureFire KX2 head which can be bought separately and hosted on one of these. (pictured below)

2x123Packs-heads.jpg

On an appearance level, I think the ribs may be too "busy" for appeal to many. However, I just really like how the pak fits in my hand and from a functional grip standpoint, I elected to stick with this design.

The wave offering:

I am offering these Ti McClickie Paks for $230 plus shipping cost. Shipping will be via priority mail or international priority mail unless you request otherwise. For domestic priority mail, you can request insurance if you like and instead of the included delivery confirmation, you can request signature confirmation for an added $1.75 but you will need to be there to sign. I don't offer insurance on international shipping for a number of reasons.

For general information on how the orders are processed and such, please review This Thread.

If you want one or more of these, please send me an e-mail with
Ti 2x123 McC Pak

in the subject line as well as the quantity if more than one.

In the body of the e-mail request, please include:
CPF name
Real Name and mailing address & phone #

Any alternate shipping requests and/or request for insurance

I will respond with a confirmation of order received or a postage notification e-mail or both depending on how quickly I get to the requests and can process them. In the subject line of the postage notification I will include the total and please feel free to submit this amount via PayPal or other means at your earliest convenience.

These will be available on a first order received, first processed basis. In terms of quantity in this wave, at present, I have 18 of these completed and ready to ship now. The balance will be available to ship late this week. I have no idea how well these will be received or whether I will receive requests for some prior to having them completed. I guess the thing to do is play it by ear and I will update the status here. Unless you specify otherwise, I will assume that a request for one of these is legit whether you catch one of the already assembled ones or have to wait until later in the week.

Thanks guys! :)

As an aside, I wanted to build myself an extended play SunDrop and I used a SOB 333mA converter. I didn't want this light to get mixed up with other stuff on hand so I bead blasted it as a "set". This might illustrate what can be done by the user but not to be confused with the offer in this wave:

SunDrop-Custom-2x123.jpg

Isak Hawk

Enlightened
That XP SunDrop....:drool:

Please say you're going to make a wave of those sometime *fingers crossed*

Edit: btw, e-mail sent :)

Last edited:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
That XP SunDrop....:drool:

Please say you're going to make a wave of those sometime *fingers crossed*

Isak,
Actually I am considering the possibility of maybe making a few of these (not bead blasted). I want to do a status update on the SunDrop program and where some options exist, lay it out for you folks and get an idea of what you would like to see.

Isak Hawk

Enlightened
Isak,
Actually I am considering the possibility of maybe making a few of these (not bead blasted). I want to do a status update on the SunDrop program and where some options exist, lay it out for you folks and get an idea of what you would like to see.

Very cool :twothumbs

X_Marine

Enlightened
These do look nice, may have to count my savings.. ')
Would I be correct that Money orders mailed are accepted. I'm trying to keep PP to a min on things over 100.

Thanks
X/BillyD..

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a brief moment I thought I might be able to create a 2xS27C!

These look excellent though so best of luck to all :thumbsup:.

Last edited:

StrayLight

Enlightened
Nice work, Don.
Hodsta, I had the same fleeting thought, and then the realization set in.

The tail is identical to the single cell McClickie paks and it uses the same Ti belt clip. The previous 2x123 Ti paks used a longer clip.

Same tail as the EN plated McClickie or same as Ti McClickie?

Will these fit a protected 17670?

Will we ever see longer pocket clips again?

Last edited:

McGizmo

Flashaholic

1) Same tail as the EN plated McClickie or same as Ti McClickie?

2) Will these fit a protected 17670?

3) Will we ever see longer pocket clips again?

1) Same tail as in the titanium McClickie. Sorry the images don't show this.

2) I have no idea if these will fit a protected 17670. Are all of the 17670's the same length and OD and if yes, what are those dimensions?

3) Good question. I actually have a bunch of these on hand and it would be nice to use them. Frankly, I think the shorter clip performs better and has a lower, less obtrusive, profile. :thinking: :shrug:

The longer clip actually has the same contact point on the pak as the shorter one but it has a long, elevated tip, relative to the short one. This added length does give one greater leverage in opening the clip but it is also something more prone to hanging up on things and when you don't want it to.