fenix T1 or solarforce T7 V2?

willymcd

Newly Enlightened
I am looking in getting a nice compact light to use for biking, and general use. I would like to use it on my helmet as well as on my bars. I have been on lighthound.com looking at lights. I am down to either the fenix T1 and the solarforce T7, I like the T7 because it is light, but it seems to be a bit of an unknown; i like the Fenix because it seems to be very solid, but it seems to be on the heavey side... I am down to these 2 light because of there beams (good mix of flood and throw) and RCR123A compatability, if the Fenix T11 had a better beam for biking that would be on the list too because i prefer 18650 batteries. they both are pretty much the same price and same light output...

generic808

Enlightened
Let's put it this way, of my 40+ lights, I only have 4 non-Surefire's, and the Fenix T1 is one of them, the other 3 are customs. It is a great light and the only non-Surefire I use on a regular basis. It is solid and would serve good as a bike light.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't have T7 but do have a T1, and it's a solid light but not exactly compact.

One thing annoys me to a great deal about T1 is the forward clickie doesn't engage properly, you have to push it quite a bit in before it will light up, and at that stage a little further it will latch on. So this have essentially made the forward clickie pointless.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I own a couple of Solarforce lights, and a handful of Fenix models. In terms of quality....

My Solarforce L600 is junk. The highest quality thing about it is (literally) the Phillips bulb. My Solarforce L2 host with Solarforce R2 drop-in is above average. My Fenix P3D Q5 and L0D Rebel 80 are excellent. The clip on my Fenix TK10 is nearly useless.

Overall: Fenix makes better quality lights.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
The T1 is quite heavy. For a bar light it is quite throwy but a diffuser can easily solve this.
I can't speak for the Solarforce.