Loosen the L2D switch pressure

Paul520

Newly Enlightened
I haven't taken apart my switch yet, but was wondering if there is a way to do that and make it easier to switch on and off. On mine, it's very stiff.

Enzo Morocioli

Enlightened
I recommend leaving the switch alone.. After time and usage it will break in a bit.. There isn't much you can do to the switch mechanism yourself and having it stiff is a positive attribute in my opinion.. Unless it's so stiff that it wont reliably turn on/change levels then you may have a problem.

If you remove the retaining ring from the tailcap, the switch can be taken out easily. From there you can see that not too much can be done, short of putting a bit lubricant on the button surfaces itself...
When you put it back together, make sure to tighten the retaining ring very well, otherwise you may find that during battery changes the twisting of the cap will loosen the ring enough so that you cannot activate your light.

To be extra careful, I recommend doing battery changes by removing the head. Leave the tailcap securely in place to prevent misfires.

Paul520

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info. Guess I'll just live with it. Maybe it will soften in time.