TK11 running two 18650

Status
Not open for further replies.

trucker1964

Newly Enlightened
Hi I wrote to Fenix and I will try and cut and paste what they said.

Thank you for replying. I have more questions.

Could the TK11 handle the voltage of two 18650 Batteries? If yes will you ever make a extension tube so the light can hold two 18650 batteries?

It seems like if the TK11 can handle two rcr123 batteries it should be able to handle the voltage of two 18650 batteries.

Thanks.

Hello John
Yes, the safe volt of the TK11 can reach two 18650 battery, but now, we don't make the extension tube, and I will forward your idea to our R&D department for their reference.
Any more question, feel free to contact.
Best regards!

:thumbsup:I want an extension tube. Anyone else with a TK11 feel the same way should write Fenix and ask for it, maybe they will make it.
I know it will make the light longer but you wouldn't have to use it if you didn't want to but it would be nice to have the option.

If I understand things correctly at that voltage we would get the good regulation that we are not getting with the single 18650. They told me previously that turbo mode is regulated with two cr123 only because you need a minimum of 3.9 volts to produce 225 lumens.

Maybe someone smart could figure out what the run time of two regulated 18650 would be. Might be a lot.

Maybe some other company could produce an extension tube. It would be nice to have the option, sorta like the way the Lumapower MVP is reconfigurable.:)

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Serves them right then... let the dim be left in the dark. :nana:

Though not my personal favorite setup, I have a 2x18650 leefbody for SF lego and it is pretty nice when I can afford the space. Great runtimes when paired up with nice efficient dropin.

Splunk_Au

Enlightened
The other threads abour RCR said it wasen officially stated on fenix-store that the TK11 can't take 2x RCR123 how can it then take 2x 18650?

They would both end up giving 8.4V.

Marduke

Flashaholic
The other threads abour RCR said it wasen officially stated on fenix-store that the TK11 can't take 2x RCR123 how can it then take 2x 18650?

They would both end up giving 8.4V.

The TK11 can take 2xRCR123's. The website hasn't been updated yet.

Miracle

Enlightened
will these rechargable batteries work on the Fenix TK11?

will these rechargable batteries work on the Fenix TK11?

2 X 3.7V RCR123 16340 Li-ION - 4.2V Full Charge

1 x 17670

:candle:

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think I would Ever put 4 123a's in a Fenix with an extension tube as that would be crazy. I do like running my D-mini se on 2 123a's though. Who knows, maybe the Fenix could take it.

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
...I do like running my D-mini se on 2 123a's though...

i have two custom bodies for my D-mini's - a 1x18650, and a 2xAA.

some questions for you:

did you mean 2xAA or do yo actually run your D-mini on 2xCR123A cells? [didn't know that the D-mini could take that much voltage.]

are your running on Primaries (i.e. CR123A) or rechargeables (i.e. RCR123A aka 16340)?

if rechargeables, are they the regulated +3VDC rechargeables or the unregulated +3.7VDC rechargeables?

lastly, is your D-min the original two-stage D-mini, or is it the newer three-stage Digital D-mini SE?

many thanks for your time and reply,
pj aka half-watt

Status
Not open for further replies.