Two cell EX10?

Harleydude

Newly Enlightened
How many volts can the EX10 circuit handle?
If I made a custom two cell body and piston could the head handle the higher voltage?
Same question for the Nitecore Extreme. Will the Head unit on the Extreme work with a two cell Surefire body? If not; can it be easily modified to work?
Thanks

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good post and questions. There is another thread in the batteries sub-forum that discusses voltage of the EX10 circuit that may be useful.

But I think 2 cell versions of the EX10 and D10 are the natural progression to follow up on the highly successful EX10 and D10.

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
How many volts can the EX10 circuit handle?
If I made a custom two cell body and piston could the head handle the higher voltage?
Same question for the Nitecore Extreme. Will the Head unit on the Extreme work with a two cell Surefire body? If not; can it be easily modified to work?
Thanks

If you look at the thread LED-holic everything points to the EX10 having a boost only circuit. Above 3.8 or so volts its direct driving. 6 volts in direct drive should make your emitter :poof: On the other hand a custom tube/piston for one 18650/17670 is an option.

The extreme head is SF E-series compatible so you wouldn't even need to make a tube. All the info about it says 4.2volts max, although I haven't seen anything as detailed about it's circuit.