New Fenix TK10/T11 (replacing T1?) -Part 2-

rayc

Newly Enlightened
The TK10/11 seem like a they would be great for use as a weapon light on an AR-15. Anyone know if Fenix offers a tape switch or if the SureFire/universal tape switches will fit?

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I recently compared the TK10, TK11, Bugout Q5 drop-in/6P, along with a D-Mini Q5 head mounted on a 18650 tube using 2xcr123's. This was a brief indoor test at distances up to 35 feet, including the notorious "white Wall" test along with directing the beams at furniture and book walls.

The TK11 and Bugout drop-in were very close in both beam configuration and brightness, but the Bugout's "Cree ring" was less noticeable than the TK11's. However, the D-Mini/2xcr123 was very much brighter than either; it was in another league entirely, and at 5-3/8" (incl button) and 4.9oz with batteries it was the same size as the TK-11, but lighter than the TK11's 5.6oz. The catch is that with 2x123's it was not running in regulation.

As a civilian I would prefer to carry the smaller and lighter 6P/Bugout or the D-Mini 2x123, but the TK11's tank-like build, regulation and grip ring make it a clear tactical choice.

For general use the TK10's beautiful bright, broad beam would be hard to beat. I was very impressed with both TK's; they are clearly top-quality products in build, beam and ergonomics. I will eventually test all four lights outdoors.

Brightnorm

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the T1 design, the tailcap looks like some spaceship propulsor