Cyan luxeon star question

woodbender

Newly Enlightened
I just installed my first cyan colored star and it looks green. Is this the correct color or was it somehow labeled wrong?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Lumiled's Cyan's are all over the spectrum! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I have seen cyan, green, blue green and an orange/green???!?!! Unless you get a good color bin, you won't have cyan.

- Don

PS. I don't know what bin letter refers to the *real* cyan.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
orange green?

i can't imagine such a color...

i've had very limited experience with cyans, but the ones i used were quite cyanish...

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought cyan luxeon from Inretech and i got greenish luxeon, instead of blue green. Also, I bought turquoise ARC aaa from Vicomptel and got the same color with the greenish luxeon from inretech. I guess it is still the same ol' luck of draw

woodbender

Newly Enlightened
This one is very green and I'll just assume it is due to the luxeon lottery. I put it in my Blaster II from Elektro Lumens. This seems to be a very bright led, or my eyes are just very sensitive to this color. I want it to get dark so I can try it outside, but it appears that it will have incredible throw.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cyan's VERY radiant (reflective) at night. Side by side, a 5W Cyan HD will look brighter than a 5W White HD... Eye's perception of green/blue spectrum's greater than white when at night.

woodbender

Newly Enlightened
I set this one up for using when canoeing at night hoping that I would see things in the river ahead of me quicker than with white. I don't know though if my eyes can handle this color for long periods of time. I'll be testing it along with several others soon, so I'll get an idea of how it works in comparison to white.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm. Isn't cyan color the aqua colored blueish green? The alien light color? what is cyan defined as?

BigMac

Enlightened
For IsaacHayes:

Main Entry: cy·an
Pronunciation: 'sI-"an, -&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Greek kyanos
Date: circa 1889
: a greenish blue color -- used in photography and color printing of one of the primary colors

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
CYMK! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I haven't worked in that color space in a while...

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see a lot of beamshots of cyan and they all look like the blue luxeon (not royal blue). Like whiteish pale blue. Is this the luxeon's fault due to a poor bin rating or the way the camera's perceive the color? (a few beamshots I've seen that looked correct though)

Radiant

Newly Enlightened
I believe the correct color is supposed to be something like the green light on a traffic signal.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's Cyan (Elektrolumens Blaster w/5W Cyan) compared to a PT Surge...

fd069107.jpg

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you first look at the Luxeon CYAN, it does appear "Green"; but when you compare it side by side with the Luxeon GREEN, you will see that it is indeed CYAN (Greenish-Blue)

Its just like when you turn on a normal flashlight and your eyes register the light as "White" and then you turn on a White LED and then your eyes register the light from the flashlight as "Brown"

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mike,

I just ordered one of your cyan adapters via the website. Any idea when and how it might ship (it said USPS, but no reference to 1st Class, Priority, etc.)??

Thanks,
Danny

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
FalconFX's picture looks like cyan. Looks acurate to me. I can tell that a pure green would look different, but this doesn't look like blue either. Looks perfect color to me. I like that color. Imagine flooding someones house with that color. They'd think that aliens were going to abduct them! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BigMac

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
IsaacHayes said:
Imagine flooding someones house with that color. They'd think that aliens were going to abduct them! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It would help if it had a strobe effect... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
As for the question about the adapter shipment

The adapters are in stock, and it should ship out Monday afternoon, USPS - you should have it in 3-4 days

Latest posts