Buck-boost can be connected to AMC7135 driver?

cerberuss

Newly Enlightened
Hi people :huh: , I've been lurking on CPF for many months now and want to attempt my first minor mod soon.. just one questions been bothering me though.

Is it possible/efficient to connect the output of a buck-booster, like the GD1000(which has no modes) to the power input of a multimode AMC board, and connecting this AMC board to the emitter in order to gain pwm modes?

I have no idea if this is possible.. :thinking: I'm planning on modding a Romisen RC-N3 and running it with cr123 primaries as my edc .. maybe 2xaa nimh during blackouts ... I want an efficient buck booster(1000mA+ on emitter) with good regulation AND modes, but cant seem to find it. :ohgeez:

i might just go for dealextremes sku 7882.. would this be a good solution?

Prav

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
It's probably possible as long as you remove the AMC7135s & wire it accordingly. You can do the samething by using KD sku S005025 or a D2DIM without having to modify these boards.

cerberuss

Newly Enlightened
thanks darkzero!.. i havent seen that P7 pwm board at Kai before before... yea it should work fine....and it seems that there's even space to trim the sides of the board to fit the 16mm pill of the Romisen..:thumbsup: I just hope its not rediculously inefficient:duh2:.. anybody have experience with it?..

The D2DIM i have seen before. it seems great but is huge.. :eek: