Help Needed in Upgrading a Pentagon L2

Rampy

Newly Enlightened
I've got a L2 Luxeon 3W PentagonLight and would like to upgrade the light as just not as bright as I'd like it to be.

Can I get a Cree bulb for the light?

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think there are any upgrades, but I believe the soon-to-be-released Pentagonlight models utilize a Cree or Seoul LED module.

Rampy

Newly Enlightened

I've also got a SureFire G2 that I'm trying to figure out the best way to upgrade it as it's mounted on the rail of a M4 style carbine and I'd like a brighter light with some more depth for use inside and short to medium ranges outside.

Tons of great info here & my head's hurting but I'm slowly learning :p:p

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want a good LED upgrage for the G2, go for their P60L. I'm not sure if it can be purchased directly from Surefire, there are other dealers that may carry it. If you really want some punch go for a Malkoff drop-in. They're expensive, but you won't regret buying one.

spoonrobot

Enlightened
You can break the seal on the bezel, open the head, break the seal on the reflector/pill, desolder the LuxIII and then resolder in a Seuol, and then put everything back together. It does take some practice to get the LED at the right height for the reflector but it works fine.

So, a little work but upgradeable. Just not in a drop-in way.

::FYI:: a P60 sized drop-in will fit inside the L2 head and function fine but it will rattle around. I recommend a sheetmetal collar to keep it in place.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Cree LED, not bulb. The Seoul P4 works better as a replacement for the Luxeon I or IIIs due to its similar emitting pattern.

Once you open the light and can get to the LED, then you can remove the Luxeon III and solder in a Seoul P4 U or U2 bin(the U2 bin is more efficient and brighter, the U bin will already double the output due to the higher efficiency compared to the Luxeon, the U to U2 bin won't be too much of a difference).

Might be more complex than what you were looking for.

:welcome: