8X turbo, Anybody have one?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Yep.
I have the N5 Lamp Assembly that fits in the range of TurboHead SureFire has to offer. Apart from the TurboHead (which are interchangeable) the difference between the T5 and the KT5 is just the adapter collar that attaches the TurboHead to the body.

I have the KT5 on my 8NX.
I don't have a Classic 8X, but the idea is the same.

My impression of the N5 beam is that like other Classic N lamps (N1/N2/N3/N4/N62), the tight round beam is gorgeous, and projects a good long range. But it lacks the brilliant white intensity I've become used to with the higher power lamps of the M4 & M6.

The N5 110Lu output is a slightly larger, less cohesive beam of less intensity compared to N3 140Lu output. This is comparing like-for-like both lamps in Classic 3" diameter "T" TurboHeads.

Something to note - whilst the KT5-BK adapter collar is Black HA, the KT TurboHead was standard level II Black... The KT3-BK is Black HA (but then it doesn't need an adapter collar.)

Al

rycen

Enlightened
So is this collar removable to be used on other lights.(Thanks Al)

Size15's

Flashaholic
The T5 collar will only fit the Classic 8X. http://www.versafety.com/sf18.gif

The collar replaces the standard Bezel, and the TurboHead screws into the collar.

You can swap the KT5 collar between the 8AX & 8NX.
Here are some of the only photos I can find of the KT5:

BTW, if you search for the KT5 on www.SureFire.com & many (all?) other sites, they have got the wronge photo. The Adapter collar shown is for the standard body SureFires and comes with the KT1 & KT2.
Although the N5 Lamp Assembly is correctly photographed being much like the X80 with the same spring contacts and bulb, but with a Gold collar instead of a reflector:
x80_full.jpg
n5_full.jpg

Size15's

Flashaholic
There are five major TurboHeads:

#1 - #4 will interface with the 8X adapter collar & the adapter collar for the 8AX/8NX.

I am sure you can buy these adapter collars from SureFire (give 'em a call).

The N5 lamp works in all the TurboHeads.

Therefore, any of the four TurboHeads and the N5 lamp will work with both the 8X & 8NX/8AX, but the adapter collars are different.

The TurboHead kits:
T5 (has N5 Lamp & #1 TurboHead)
KT5 (has N5 Lamp & #4 TurboHead)

Al

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Al,
Thanks. I have 3 of the T-heads that will fit, so I guess I just need 1 or 2 adapter collars & N5 lamp. I presume the 8X takes a different collar than the 8NX. TX

Latest posts