IncenDio Opinions/Options

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Newer offerings from other manufacturers have made most of the CPF headlines lately. Is the lowly IncenDio so outdated that it's no longer worthy of mention? Other than selfbuilt's nice review, I haven't read much about the light.

Is the smaller size of the IncenDio more important to anyone than the larger, slightly brighter, PD switched, continuously variable, nicely knurled Nitecore E10?

For whom is (small) size of premium importance? For me, fatter, longer lights than, for example, a Fenix P1 is too much for a pants pocket. Of course YMMV, which is why there are numerous successful styles of lights.

I couldn't operate the clicky switch with my thumb very well, but otherwise I thought it was a killer light. I certainly would have kept mine if it weren't for the switch.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like mine. It has a nice smooth beam & tint. It's just that it's not something I want to carry if I know I'm going to need to use it alot. The switch takes some getting used to, and having now started EDC-ing my NiteCore PDs, it just makes it that much harder to use. I'll still grab it though when I'm a little more dressed-up and want something small and bright and easy to carry. It fits that bill perfectly. ;)

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Newer offerings from other manufacturers have made most of the CPF headlines lately. Is the lowly IncenDio so outdated that it's no longer worthy of mention? Other than selfbuilt's nice review, I haven't read much about the light.
Is the smaller size of the IncenDio more important to anyone than the larger, slightly brighter, PD switched, continuously variable, nicely knurled Nitecore E10?
For whom is (small) size of premium importance? For me, fatter, longer lights than, for example, a Fenix P1 is too much for a pants pocket. Of course YMMV, which is why there are numerous successful styles of lights.

I've been EDCing the Incendio on my belt for a month. It's taken the place of my Novtac 120P that's been "in for repairs". I have also reverted to my HDS 42XRGT. I like the Incendio, yet the low could be lower. that's my only improvement. I've EDC'd a P1D CE for a couple years on keys, yet I like the ability to grab a light without my substantial "keychain bling".
I am ordering the NITECORE EXTREME w/ SS Cren bezel next:devil:. That may take the place of the Incendio. I have had no problems with the :DIncendio at all, IMHO it's been better the the AAA Avenger.

clintb

Enlightened
I think it's a great little light.
- Very good runtime
- Good beam
- Small
- More worthy of being considered a dress light, or a gentleman's light.

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
I think the small reflector hurts the light in terms of its throw and they arent pushing the q5 very hard for only 130 lumens but it is a nice light. The nitecore does look nice and I want one but I have to ask myself, would I carry something bigger?
Maybe the good thing about the small size is that people are more likely to actually carry a light.

I like the light, its simple, small and fairly bright. Sometimes I feel its no that bright, but that may just be after using 230 lumen lights with great throw it makes 130 lumens seem not bright, but in reality this like kicks butt.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the input, everyone. I went through a very brief moment guilt...and ordered both the IncenDio and the NiteCore E10. My upcoming birthday pushed me over the edge.

The IncenDio will fill the bill for a "dress" light. Since I don't have any of McGizmo's products or a piston drive switch...well, you get the picture.

Gotta go, now, and hide the printed receipts.

Latest posts