Building a a black KX1 head...

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I understand it, black KX1 heads are not made. I don't know why. My question is if it would be possible to swap guts between a black KX2 head and a KX1 HA head? Are there any differences between the two that would prevent it? I think a black KX1 head would look awesome on a an E1e body, E2D tailcap and E1B clip. Waddya think?

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
The KX bezels come apart in 3 sections.

Just unscrew the bezels and swap the entire center section that houses the electronics. No need to "swap the guts" just the top and bottom outter bezel housings.

Kinda like how you can swap the E2DL top bezel onto the E1B head for a single cell strike bezel.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Aren't the Cree bezels are a fraction longer than the old Lux models?

I'm sure the threads, etc. are the same but I'd be concerned about internal "real estate".

Nathan

Enlightened
The KX1 "guts" are not rechargeable-friendly, so I prefer the KX2 head for a single cell body and RCR123. No swapping of internals needed! :thumbsup:

precisionworks

Flashaholic
My limited experience with KX1 heads indicates that some are easily taken apart, others require two big pipe wrenches. After destroying the last one, the remaining ones will stay assembled:oops: