How do you like your Eternalight Deringer

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Our family has had two EternaLight Deringer's for about three weeks. I was emailing Tom at Technology Associates today about my Elite-Max and he asked me how I liked my Deringers. Got me to thinking. I has not noticed any feedback from CPF'ers about their Deringers. How about it?
He gave us a great deal, and deserves some feedback.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Bullzeyebill,

I am still in the process of checking mine out. Last night I went for a drive with the red LED on in low mode to see how that worked out. It seemed to put out just the right amount of light for my wife to read directions and not glare in my eyes.

I was comparing the Derringer to the Xray and could not believe that the Derringer was about twice as bright. I got to thinking about this and decided that it was about time to replaced the batteries in the Xray...

My son likes to have all three LED's on at the same time. That is his favorite mode.

I put it in my back pocket while driving over to a friends house last night and discovered that it had turned on in my pocket. I had the switch toward my butt. It was in timer mode, but I'll have to try that again with the switch facing outward. I think it is better to carry it in a coat or shirt pocket.

My favorite mode is momentary on. I use that mode a lot. I like having the choice of red or white light and the low red seems to work well. The low white is also a good choice for nigh time navigation in the car. At this point in my evaluation, I can only say that the flashing modes are "fun" and my cats find them a little interesting. I have not found a good use for beacon flash mode.

That's about as far as I can go for now.

Tom

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Tom, Tom at Technology Associates,has a great little belt holster just for the Deringer. My wife keeps her Deringer im her holster tucked in her purse. I use a belt holster (larger) for primary carry for my Ellite-Max.

JJHitt

Enlightened
Only beef I've had is the clicker switch sometimes gets stuck and had to be wiggled to get unstuck. Minor nuisance.

I'd probably have put the modes in different order if I was doing the picking. I'm a start dim and work up to bright kind of person... again, a minor nuisance.

None of the above has stopped me from carrying mine every day. I like it. If it was waterproof, it would probably replace my X-ray.

springnr

Enlightened
Yep, would be nice if a fast click entered the cycle at red dim for startup when you want to save your night vision and a extended click would cycle by the dim red and go to momentary like it does now and start the cycle there.

For now I just poke the led end inta my ample belly and cycle it ta where I need it.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
My daughter and I would like the first mode to be dim red, so our night vision would not get shocked. Red is great for getting around the house at night. I use my red CMG Infinity for walking around at night, but it tends to be too bright. There are EternaLights that start in the red mode, I believe.

shrap

Enlightened
Seems like the Eternalite series would be the easiest to reprogram out of all flashlights...considering they're the most technologically advanced and all.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Tom, or anybody at Technology Associates, are EternaLights reprogramable? I know that Gransee at ARC said that their uppcoming LS4 will have microprocessors that eventually will be reprogramable. Sounds HOT!

MrEternaLight

Newly Enlightened
Bill - The EliteMax is reprogrammable. All the other lights we make at this point can only be programmed one time, including the Derringer. Seems like everyone want's just a little different functionality. I wonder how many people would want it to start bright white if we changed it to starting dim or red?

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Tom,

Most of the time when I use a light I want it bright and for momentary use.

With that said, it would be nice if there was a way to access the red LED in a separate mode. For low light use the low red coming on would be an interesting feature to have. When I was driving around in the car, I just turned the red LED on and left the light on the whole time. The ability to have a low red momentary on feature would be an interesting upgrade, but, of course, I don't want to give up my bright momentary on function.

Can't we just have it all, in any sequence we can dream of, for a really low price?

Tom

Latest posts