Surefire 6P with M60 drop in

lonerwolfey

Newly Enlightened
Hi all guys! It's time to buy my 1st Surefire light...:devil:..and i know this will lead me into a already endless pit of flashlight addiction.....(my 1st light was a TK10...:eek:)...i was just wondering how does the throw of the Surefire 6P with M60 drop in compare with the TK10? i tried searching and cant really find any beamshots....and is the M60 a smooth reflector?..thanks for all the help!!! :D

jbosman1013

Enlightened
They are very close but very different at the same time, the M60 uses a optic while the tk10 uses a reflector. The optic in the M60 will transmit more light OTF than a reflector and also has a much different beam pattern creating a brighter spill near the center. The throw of these two lights is very close, the tk10 will win but only by a little bit because of its more spot like beam. The M60 is well worth getting but its not going to be BLAZING brighter than the tk10 just a better, more usefull beam.

generic808

Enlightened
As already stated, the TK10 and M60 will be pretty close. Since you already have a TK10, why not look into getting a Malkoff M60F (flood)?

brucec

Enlightened
For what it's worth, the M60L is actually more usable in my opinion. I don't know what the tactical advantages for 235 vs 140 lumens, but for general use, I think 140 is more than enough. The brightness is kind of like the P2D on turbo. And the runtime is much better at 4hrs. I don't have any of the flood Malkoffs, but from what I hear, they are pretty unique.

precisionworks

Flashaholic
I've not tried the M60F, but the M60 is my go to light when walking the dogs after dark. For my use, the beam distribution is a perfect mix of throw & spill. Add a 2-stage tailcap from Sandwiche Shoppe so you don't go blind looking at objects 10' away:D