Strange question

m16a

Enlightened
Ok, now this is a really strange question, but then again flashaholics are strange people so I'm sure you guys would love to help me:thumbsup:

I need a new backpack. I can't spend more than $30 since my parents will pay for it(I could chip in if we found a good one for more) I need it for school. One that will hold a 2" binder a good sized HS book, at least 5 standard folders, and have extra space for other books and items received in. Then a second smaller pocket for a pencil bag and miscellaneous items. The harder part comes here. I need this backpack to double as an occasional hiking pack. I don't hike often, but one of the few times is coming up, so it should have some good spaces for waterbottles and ride comfortably for a while. SOrry for the weird question. Hope you guys can help.

Thanks,

m16a

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go to a local ROSS store, they have a large variety of good quality backpacks under $30. They have the Swiss Gear backpacks which are quite sturdy and great quality, all of which are under $30 (other stores sell them for $70-$100).

I highly recommend Ross. :)

stitch_paradox

Enlightened
+1 on Ross. I also suggest for you to look at some sports store sale. The Sports Authority here just had their annual sale , and alot of backpacks are on sale. Jansports are great packs, but if you can save enough money I suggest for you to check the maxpedition pygny.

shakeylegs

Enlightened
sierratradingpost.com has been pushing it's inventory in email after email. Every day there is a new sale. And their regular prices are usually great. Check out the backpack section in outdoor gear - camping and hiking. Looks like an additional 25% off right now and several backpacks shown.
BTW, the sale packs are just a small part of their inventory. search daypack and you'll find more.

shakeylegs

Enlightened
m16a,
dimensions look about right, it should be bombproof, has "organizing" compartments inside, and STP has a no questions return policy. They even include a return ship label. Double check the return shipping cost - I can't remember who pays.

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
If you are hiking with it, and you have a choice, you should try to pick one that has a good thick lumbar strap (around the waist). It will make for a more comfortable carry.

Shreknow91

Enlightened
School wise, I have found the Under Armour Backpack

specifically http://www.underarmour.com/shop/backpacks/pid8000094-Varsity-Backpack/8000094-001

^^^ has lasted me all of middle school and so far my Freshman and Sophmore years of Highschool, best 50 bucks my parents spent and I managed to find it in an awesome school bus yellow, which fits my personality great:party:

I would concentrate on the school aspect of the pack then the hiking part

Good Luck

EDIT:

Here Ya go, if you dont mind spending the $$$:thumbsup:

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/search/results/pid8173039-UA-Trail-Pack/8173039-001

Last edited: