Romisen RC-T5 as a divetorch

fordp

Newly Enlightened
Romisen RC-T5 is good to use as divelamp. I have dived 5 to 10 meters 10 times, 10-20 meters twice, and 20 to 25 meters twice with my RC-T5. What I have done is to replace the glass to a 2mm polycarbonat glass and the grease in all orings and the tailcap and tighten the tailcap. First, I had the problem that the light was shut off at about 8 feet of water pressure on the tailcap. But I short circuit the power switch with a steel wire at the bottom. Now it operates as a twisty.

All the other divers say, Wow-what torch!

kramer5150

Flashaholic
you might be able to further waterproof it with teflon tape around the threads providing the threads are not part of the conduction path. Just dont disrupt the existing O-rings and youre in business.

Double check the pill in the switch cap, make sure it is tightened securely. A couple of my DX superfire/ultrafire lights arrived with loose tailcap mechanics. I could put the cap against my lips and blow air through it, prior to re-tightening the assembly.

:twothumbs

Last edited:

fordp

Newly Enlightened
I was at 25 m in 25 minutes and 15-17 m in 25 min in the same dive. The two dives 10-20 m were both about 45 minutes. Dives 5-10 m were 45-60 minutes long.

I'm trying to get hold of a little thicker o-rings. It would feel more secure. I will also switch to 3mm polycarbonate.