Searching for a Thread HELP

Flashlight Aficionado

Enlightened
I did a thorough search of CPF via the google search and the CPF search.

It was a maglite mod that had 17,000 lumens. It wasn't exactly 17,000 or I would have found it. I don't remember if they mentioned the bulb, but my search says it must be 600w. The thread had either a picture or a video of the flashlight illuminating an entire building from the roof of another. I believe it had a 5 second runtime. I am not sure if it was heat or battery power that limited the time.

Please help. Thank you.

Edit: I also did a search of the Threads of Interest. It doesn't seem to be listed there.

Last edited:

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did a thorough search of CPF via the google search and the CPF search.

It was a maglite mod that had 17,000 lumens. It wasn't exactly 17,000 or I would have found it. I don't remember if they mentioned the bulb, but my search says it must be 600w. The thread had either a picture or a video of the flashlight illuminating an entire building from the roof of another. I believe it had a 5 second runtime. I am not sure if it was heat or battery power that limited the time.

Please help. Thank you.
Not sure! but it maybe a starting point.
here
good luck.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as I know, Lux's vaporizer was the king at 9000 lumens.

If you find the tread, post it here so we can learn something new and to have Lux update his tread.

AlexGT

Edit, is this the picture you are refering to?

DSC00483.JPG

From this post

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/625078&postcount=42

Dsc00775.jpg

Last edited:

Flashlight Aficionado

Enlightened
Yeah, that's a building, but the one with the 17,000 lumens beamshot was taken from the roof of another building.

I appreciate the help but I am :hairpull: trying to remember where I saw that thread.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can tell you that the 5s runtime is definitely not because of the battery, because that would mean a rate of 720C. A decent host should be able to handle the heat from a 600W bulb for a few minutes at least, so 5s seems very short from that standpoint as well.

There's a popular 600W build that has a runtime of five minutes instead of five seconds, but it uses a spotlight host (LarryK12 and LarryK14).

I hope some of that gets you a little closer to finding this thing. :thinking:

Latest posts