Now shipping the Production Arc6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
We are now shipping the production version of the Arc6. Cost is $300 plus shipping. These has the new U-bin P4 LEDs from Seoul. Minimum rating is 100 lumens with a non-rechargeable and 120 lumens with a rechargeable battery.

The website went live yesterday and we are already shipping the first orders today.

The Production version is identical to the Pre-production version save the new U-bin P4 LED. Please refer to the extensive threads on the pre-production unit for all kinds of information you may be seeking. Also added to the website are UCL windows and Powerizer Kits.

peter

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW!

I just placed an order for a Arc6 and a Arc AAA CS!!!

I missed out on the Arc4, I'm not missing this boat.

Thanks Peter and Crew!

The wait is killing me...

tpchan

Newly Enlightened
Does this mean that the auctions on ebay for the K2 led version of the Arc6 are over or drawing to a close? Has anyone kept track of how many were actually auctioned?

mraymer

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone kept track of how many were actually auctioned?

A total of 45 lights have been listed on eBay so far. Lights listed in red were returned and auctioned a second time.

arc6_auction_results.jpg

iocheretyanny

Enlightened
How come production version not using the Cree R2?
Isn't that a brighter LED?

The Seoul P4 Emitters is it bin U or U2?

Thanks.

Last edited:

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
How come production version not using the Cree R2?
Isn't that a brighter LED?

Brighter doesn't mean it's better. Crees are nice but they tend to be ringy & have a void around the hotspot. The more I use them, the more I start to dislike them & turn to Seouls. However the inconsistent tint throughout the beam of all the U2s I've had bothers me. :shrug:

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brighter doesn't mean it's better. Crees are nice but they tend to be ringy & have a void around the hotspot. The more I use them, the more I start to dislike them & turn to Seouls. However the inconsistent tint throughout the beam of all the U2s I've had bothers me. :shrug:

+1 on the Cree beams.

Would love Lumileds to get thier act together, I'll wait a bit longer...

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on the Cree beams.

Would love Lumileds to get thier act together, I'll wait a bit longer...

Ever seen the beam from LiteFlux LF5XT?
R2 Cree, smooth as butter.

It proves Cree isn't to blame here, but constructors and designers too lazy to tweak and optimize their reflectors and optics accordingly.

Last edited:

AMRaider

Enlightened
Compared to the Seoul P4, the Cree XRE emitter has a narrower beam, so for better optical efficiency, a deeper reflector would be needed if the Cree were used in the Arc6. I don't remember what thread it was, but I seem to remember Peter explaining that he wanted to keep the Arc6 compact, so he didn't opt to use the Cree XRE.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raider is right. It made the length longer than I wanted. Awhile back I posted a picture of the Arc6 with a cree system installed.

peter

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Makes sense. LF5XT is probably among the longest compact AA lights, due to a pretty deep reflector.

Please excuse me for going OT, but...

Peter, did my eBay message get through? I won an Arc6 auction and sent a question inquiring about the procedure for joining that with some stuff from the site (UCL lens, charger+batts) and shipping times.

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got Maria's reply. Thanks!

To get back on topic, any chance you could compare the performance of the K2 Arc6's and the production ones with P4's? I mean besides the lumen figures...

Tint/spectrum, CRI, beam quality, efficiency etc.

Last edited:

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
The P4 is a cool white while the K2 is a warm white. The k2 has a more pronounced hot spot. I took some beam shots of the two lights but the pictures didn't turn out very good so I didn't post them.

peter

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tying into mraymer's post, a few charts to pass the time...

Distribution of prices over time (average in black):

Prices vs. serial numbers:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my Arc6. The beam is gorgeous! Nice big white hotspot. I will take it out and field test it tonight!

kelmo

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Make sure to take a lot of photos!
That will ease my wait :p

Last edited:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The anodizing on my unit is perfectly matched. I don't have the means of posting pictures. The P4 emitter is great. It will be dark soon! I sold my NovaTac 85P for this. I am a very happy camper!

Status
Not open for further replies.