P7 results with M2 smooth refl v's m@g refl

HumanLumen

Newly Enlightened
and the winner is .......... the mag reflector. A bit of a dissapointment - I was expecting more of the M2. The test setup comprised of the pill from a Trustfire P7 modified to containe 3 off of the DX 800mA buck drivers in parrallel, driven from an external PSU at 7.7 volts. Note that I have replaced the LED with a better colour SWO bin from photonfanatic and used a section of old anodised heatsink to raise the focal length by 3mm. The beauty of this setup is that you can adjust the focal length by partially uncrewing the pill from the original reflector (the test reflectors are placed inside the original - I had to modify the non-relective outside dimmensions only of the mag and M2 to make them fit - i.e. no impact on the reflective surface area/shape/coating).
Results - 16,760 lux from the mag reflector, 13,120 from the M2 smooth (both at 1m). Note that using fresh batteries I can get 17,700 at 1m from the mag reflector.
Cheers.
HL

12Johnny

Newly Enlightened
Sound really nice! Do you have some pics? We all would LOVE to see them! :) :thumbsup:

HumanLumen

Newly Enlightened
I will try and post some pics this weekend - when I find out how! The main thrust of this post though was to quantify the performance of the M2 reflector as I know a lot of people are looking for optics/reflectors for this beastie - but thanks for the words of encouragement!
HL

12Johnny

Newly Enlightened
Yes, we all would like to find out more about your creation, and (specially in my case, not a native English speaker), pictures help a lot!!! ;)

To show some pics, you can use http://www.imageshack.us/

You simply upload the pictures from your hard disc, selecting the "resize" option (800x600 is the preferred size :)) and then, copying/pasting the appropiate link to the message that you write (if I remember correctly, what says "post image in forums", or something like that). If you have questions, please do not hesitate in letting us know ;)