Surefire e1L MOD?

Inconceivable

Newly Enlightened
I am new to this so be kind. I was wondering if you can take a e1L and put the guts of the E1B inside. Is this possible? If so how hard for a neewbie. How might I go about getting the guts if possible. Thanks for any help.

gunga

Flashaholic
I think you can just unscrew the head and replace the guts as it's all e-series stuff.

IE, take the E1B head, remove the guts but removing the top and bottom part of the head (could take some work with strap wrenches and maybe some heating) then do the same with the E1L.

Ttran always sells the head by themselves (around $60 tho he has one on Ebay).

You then simply swap the guts! I THINK this should work, but I'm not totally sure. BTW, I'd be interested in your E1B head with E1L guts if you decide to do it...

I could do it and sell you the setup (E1L head, E1B guts) but I'm going away till 3rd week of August...

alibaba

Enlightened
Hello and :welcome:
I'm not sure if the mod will work but if you have an E1B to get the guts out of I think it'd just be easier to put the whole head on your E1L. It'll fit just fine and work just fine as well.

Inconceivable

Newly Enlightened
I didnt know you could switch out the heads. Cool. Thanks for the input. Color matching is not the most important thing. Interesting.

LumensMaximus

Enlightened
The E1L and E1E body's look the same to me, I have put the E1B head on both and they work just fine, alot easier than messing with the guts, you can also get the E1E in black if color match to the E1B head is your choice, great lamps.:thumbsup:

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the E1B head on a black E1e-BK body looks pretty unique. I called it the E1B "Classic". :)

e1b_classic_320.jpg

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the classic does look nice!

Hmmm, so people don't have a big issue mixing black and HA parts for Franken-lights?

It probably wouldn't look too nasty if you had a black tailcap. Then both ends would be black...which would look kind of interesting. Personally, I like matching colors. I'm Type A like that.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inconceivable, all of the parts in the SureFire "E" series; E1B, E1L, E2L, E2DL, E1e, E2e, E2d, etc are physically interchangeable. You can take the head off of any E series light and screw it on to any E series body, but the one thing you have to look out for is the voltage requirement of the head and the number of batteries in the body. Playing "lego" like this can get a little wacky, but it makes for some interesting setups as Ttran has showed.

Nathan

Enlightened
I'm still waiting for someone to take the guts from a 2-stage E2DL and put them into a E1B head. This would allow a RCR123 to squeeze about 100 lumens out of the E2DL head on high, without the pointy strike bezel. Top it off (er, bottom it off?) with a Z68 tailcap and voila... my ideal EDC.