• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired M*g11 M*g85 on 2 or 3 li-ion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was wandering if anyone is currently running a m*g11 on 2 li-ions? I have a m*g74 (7.2v bulb) that I have tested at 8.4v so I orederd 2 D cell li-ions for it. But I am a little conserned that wa1111 being 6v may:poof: because of the over voltage from fully charged li-ions.

Aslo same question for m*g85 does anyone have one running on 3li-ion direct drive? If not will a 12v resistor be enough. If you have this setup feel free to add pics. or any instructions you think may be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

dixemon

Enlightened
You might consider posting this over in the incandesent section of the forums. This area is for the selling of custom lights only.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I was wandering if anyone is currently running a m*g11 on 2 li-ions? I have a m*g74 (7.2v bulb) that I have tested at 8.4v so I orederd 2 D cell li-ions for it. But I am a little conserned that wa1111 being 6v may:poof: because of the over voltage from fully charged li-ions.
2 X Liion will be fine I run mag 2C mag on two c Liions.
Mag 85 should be fine on 3 X Liion but wait for someone else to confirm.
Norm

DM51

Flashaholic
The correct way to deal with this is to ask a moderator to move the thread for you, instead of cross-posting by starting a new one.

Anyway, your new thread is now running, so I'll close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.