Flashlight Psychosis...Is this a symptom?

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last night I had a dream I was on one of those big tour buses with a bunch of people going to a flashlight conference. Before the bus started rolling, a few of us went to the front of the bus to try out our lights by shining them towards the back of the bus. One lady had a large 3D type (maybe an Inretech Super6) and it cast a wide cone of diffuse light. I shined my ab 2D 5W and it made the characteristic meaty hotspot with a nice bright corona. Then one of my friends turned on something he called a Spaceneedle, but it was the size of a 6P. It lit up the entire back half of the bus! I remember being totally awed.

So am I going crazy? Has anyone else ever had a dream involving flashlights? Could it be a coincidence that last night I dragged my wife to the upstairs bathroom window to show off my 2D5W? It was capable of illuminating everything on our small half acre lot and even lit up the back of the house on an adjoining lot. She was impressed...I just didn't tell her how much I paid for it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Wilkey

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
You won't believe this dream of mine.. I was in the sea, breathing under water, with this super powerful 10 watt LS, it's s'pose to give off something like minimum 500 lumens, maximum 1000 lumens, it's fricking bright! And it sucks heat from the sea to power it!! All in a 1 watt LS size.... too bad my mum woke me up just as I was show it off to Leo and telling him to put it in the McLux Longtail. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Darkcobra

Enlightened
No dreams yet. . .
Looking into my empty wallet and all my Paypal reciepts is a nightmare though, hehehehe.
I've been frequenting CPF for last month or so and so far I have:
2 CMG Reactors
2 SF Nitrolon G2's (one with the P61).
4 Mini Mag's
1 SL Scorpion
1 SF E1e HA
1 SF E2e HA
Whoever thought flashlights could be so expensive? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

i've never had any dreams involving flashlights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

but i do daydream about them a *lot* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can always dream up a favorite flashlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

It's just getting the dream to come true that's hard... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I've never had a dream about a flashlight, but I've had dreams about old telephone insulators, Digimon, lasers, flying, The Price Is Right, and a few other things.

Visit my online dream diary to see some of these. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
I don't have any from after October 2002 because I haven't remembered any.

Maybe "Flashlight Psychosis" is a lot like "Transporter Psychosis" described on Star Trek TNG. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never had a flashlight dream that I can remember. The usual flying dreams, can't run can't move dreams.

But I did have this dream once were I...nevermind I'll save that one for the therapist /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ha,
Ok, so I'm not that far gone. Or am I? I've had stranger dreams, just rarely ones so topical.

Remember what they said anout transporter psychosis. There is no known cure! BTW, Strange dreams.
W