Wolfeyes Thunder AX Problems

PhillyRube

Enlightened
Is anyone having any problems with theirs? I bought one based on recommendations and a good price found here, got it, it worked a week and died. Turns out it was the switch in the tailcap. Dealer sent me a new switch, which i installed, and again, it worked for a week, and crapped out. Seems like now it's in the light itself and not the switch. Tried a jumper between the battery and the case (which I did before to figure out the switch was bad) and it doesn't work. I'll probably pull up the receipt and just return it.

Too bad, I liked it....

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I heard that some of the first production run models had reliability issues. Is it possible that your's is an older AX model?

PhillyRube

Enlightened
Yea, once I find the receipt I'll see, but it is an AX. I can unscrew the switch, retighten it, and it will work. Lay it down, try it 3 or 4 times, it will work. Leave it 5 minutes, same position, and it won't work..%$#@$%^!!!! So much for LEDs, for the money I can put myself into a decent handheld HID

Glen C

Enlightened
Philly, it sounds like a connection issue as it is intermittent, what style of batteries are you using in it?

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Philly, it sounds like a connection issue as it is intermittent, what style of batteries are you using in it?

Hello Glen,....sounds like he has the same issues I had with mine. Philly, try this first, could be all that is needed......unscrew the bezel and then unscrew the disc with the three LED reflectors.......finger tighten the three LED units in the disc and then screw the disc back inside the light, again finger tight. Replace the bezel and try it.....bit of luck it should be reliable. :) Fantastic light, wish I had it with me in NY......

Glen C

Enlightened
Cernobila, you are right, your's was one of the first, after yours I hand tightened every one in stock and the issue never came up again, I had actually almost forgotten about it. I think you are right or a poor battery connection.