Most Powerful Light for 200 bucks

hivoltage

Enlightened
I am interested in throw...Distance. What can I get for 200 bucks that throws the farthest. I already have a Derelight. What is the next step up? Thanks!!

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Larger reflector and Seoul P7.

That or an aspheric lense, larger then better too(along with the shortest focal length you can find).

Do you mind modded lights?

I'm thinking that a Modded "XX Million CP" light with a Seoul P7 driven at 3 amp would throw pretty far.

As for stock, the Streamlight FireVulcan throws pretty far mostly due to that large reflector.

An aspheric Maglite mod also throws pretty far.

hivoltage

Enlightened
I dont care, this is not going tpo be a carry light. It will be an at home light on my 200 acre property.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Something along the lines of a sams club or Costco HID flashlight would be a good way to go.
I am sue that somebody can chime in on this.
The Costco HID that I have is by far the brightest flashlight I have ever scene that a person can pick up with one hand. It easily tosses a BIG FAT UGLY Beam easily illuminating a building at a mile for example.
This light is very irritating when you are on the receiving end of it.
BRIGHT. Oh and they are cheap too. Costco was selling these things for under $50.00

Here is the thing bang for buck? You definitely need to look at HID the small hand held units are expensive but the larger ones less expensive.
Good luck.
Yaesumofo

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Something along the lines of a sams club or Costco HID flashlight would be a good way to go.
I am sue that somebody can chime in on this.
The Costco HID that I have is by far the brightest flashlight I have ever scene that a person can pick up with one hand. It easily tosses a BIG FAT UGLY Beam easily illuminating a building at a mile for example.
This light is very irritating when you are on the receiving end of it.
BRIGHT. Oh and they are cheap too. Costco was selling these things for under $50.00

Here is the thing bang for buck? You definitely need to look at HID the small hand held units are expensive but the larger ones less expensive.
Good luck.
Yaesumofo

That's what I would recommend as well, but it's so far under $200 that I had second thoughts.

Gadgetman7

Enlightened
I have one of the Sams Club versions. The beam on mine has a good many artifacts but it does throw really well. I think I paid about $50 for it.

Last edited:

hivoltage

Enlightened
I might go the Costco light....but, nothing on the led scene that would be brighter than my Dereelight CL1H V3 ?