Merino Wool?

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking at the TAD gear site, first just at plastic sporks (wierd, I know), then just randomly browsing. I started thinking about the flux wool sweatshirt. Seems kind of expensive though. Does anyone have one of these or know of any other (less expensive) manufacturers? Or more expensive is ok if you think the quality is better.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
TAD products are top of the line.
Read this review on the Flux Pullover Hoodie. You will find other TAD products reviewed here also.

Hit this LINK and scroll down to Flux Pullover Hoodie.

pactchncn

Newly Enlightened
I own one of their hoodies and I think that it is worth the money. It is a very versatile item. I live in florida where it is warm and humid ALL the time, and I go to school where they keep the classrooms around 62-65 degrees. It really comes in handy in the classroom, but I do not have to take it off when I go outside where it is 90 degrees and humid. The build quality is off the charts as is all of their apparel. Another benefit of the merino wool is its resistance to smells. I smoke cigars and it will not hold the smell of the cigar for more than one day, it's nice to not have to wash it every time you wear it.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Merino FTW!!

this stuff is great, it even keeps you warm when it's soaking wet. I also have a little experience with TAD Gear products and been very happy with them so far. The Flux Hoodie is probably the next thing I'll order from them...

Oh... and the Ti sporks by TAD Gear and Snow Peak are much nicer than the plastic ones....

Last edited:

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the responses gents. :twothumbs I'll probably go with the TAD sweatshirt. I've seen the titanium sporks. But other than flashlights I have an aversion to anything shiny. I prefer a matte finish.

pactchncn

Newly Enlightened
Now that I take a look, I see that the stubby TI Spork is quite shiny in the picture. I have the regular one and it is matte.