going camping for 2 weeks

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
hello all,

going away camping around UK for 2 weeks tommorow and have thought long and hard about which torches to take along with me,

came to the conclusion that i should just take them all

i have a fenix P1 CE on my car keys which will be on me all the time, my newly acquired Nitecore Extreme on my belt, on me all times, my girlfriend will be in charge of my P3D and i have the TK11 as my bump in the night backup.
Also a zebralight to set up the tent and midnight toilet trips, i will also use it to light the tent along with the P3D and a minimag modded with a terralux TLE5.

I think im all set, there are a few others that i am going to pack just because there is room for them.

Will let you all know how my trip went when i get back, ill probably find out which torch suits my needs best because i still havent found the right one:thumbsup:

livewrongprojects

Newly Enlightened
thats a good way to test which lites works best for you, although i carry atleast three lights when ever i go camping.. the light that i use the most is my surefire L2 lumamax

CampingLED

Enlightened
Your GF will hate me for this, but stay at home, use the money that you save and buy another light LOL!!! :devil:

PS: Enjoy the trip and make sure all the batteries are charged.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Good call on taking all of them since none of them are bulky. You won't regret having the extra light and it also brings peace of mind knowing that you have back ups. I have a feeling that the P1D CE and Zebralight are going to get a good workout.

Enjoy your trip. :wave:

Jaygnar

Newly Enlightened
In my humble opinion, headlamps are the way to go with camping. That zebralight will serve you well. Have fun and be safe. :)
Also, I agree that taking all of the torches along is a good idea so that you can tell what really suits your needs. I tend to get ready for camping trips by doing a few nights of "practice" camping in my back yard ( a few acres of woods). I take what I am planning to take with me on the real trip and if it does not get used it gets left behind. Please let us know what you discover.:D

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks all, yeah she would kill me i would really like an E2DL lol, i have a funny feeling the my Nitecore will get a better workout especially inside the tent on low and i can hang it from the ceiling from its clip

hopkins

Enlightened
wearing the headlamp around the neck at all times seems to be the best
technique. Even in the daytime it pays off when going into a dark structure
(toilet).
And its light is available without digging into a pocket repeatedly.
Hands free lighting rules!.

Russianesq

Enlightened
an incandescent light would be also good to bring.

this is going to make some members mad but an incandescent is great when used outoors.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
i do have a truck full of batteries lol.

i ordered a surefire 6P on ebay last tuesday, it was a genuine one, it was meant to be here today at the latest but i got an email from them saying that they have only just posted it, gutted

guntotin_fool

Newly Enlightened
LED headlamp, its all your will use unless you have a problem.

I spent 9 days in the BWCA and only used the big light a couple of times, every thing else was the head lamp, one set of battery change and that was it.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I agree that having an incan would be great. Too bad the 6P doesn't sound like it will be there in time...

hopkins

Enlightened
you have got to be a total Dictator about every oz. (gram) etc in your pack.
Buy a scale at Walmart and weigh everything : shirts headlamps socks cups spoons etc...
and find/choose lower weight items. Chop a soap bar into 1/8ths and take the 1/8 bit for example.
You'll be so much happier........trust me!
-hopkins

slvoid

Newly Enlightened
I think your best bet's a headlamp followed by a thrower. You really don't need that much light to walk down a trail but if you need to look a couple hundred feet ahead for a marker or something, then that's what the thrower's for.

I'd bring a small AA backup with a velcro strap so you can always strap it to your headlamp if that fails. Unless you're out there for months, no point in having that many lights + batteries. The odds of all the lights failing on you are very slim plus everyone else should have lights too. Even when I'm going solo for a couple of days in subzero weather, I only take 2 lights with me.

mdocod

Flashaholic
Whenever go on vacation I bright nearly my entire collection, it's not much of a collection, but it comes in handy more often than not.

Eric

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone,

Back from camping early, rained the whole time but still managed to have fun.

I dont know if i told you that i had recieved a nitecore extreme a few days before i left but anyway what a great torch, it went everywhere with me until i lost it, i reached for it one evening and it wasnt there, i think it unclipped itself from my belt, really gutted, im so tempted to buy another one, the only good thing that came of this is that the torch had nitecores web address on it so i prob got someone else into torches:sigh:

i found that the best torch to light my tent was the zebralight, perfect beam and spill and my P1CE served my very well as Patriot36 pointed out it went evrywhere with me because it was clipped to my car keys, good for lighting inside the tent too good spill.

i only just managed 2 battery changes in my TK11 which was my night time walking torch, and i didnt really use my P3D, not grippy enough and just not as much fun as the TK11's throw

Arrived home today to find a shiny new EX10 and a 6P waiting for me, wish i had them with me, can someone put a link to the nitecore registry i cant find it

Still annoyed i lost that Extreme, anyone want to donate one:twothumbs