Dereelight DBS V2

hivoltage

Enlightened
I am getting ready to order 1. Which LED is the brightest. Too many decisions to make with this light....and which pill?

Fird

Enlightened
which battery or combination of batteries do you want to use? What UI do you want?

Technically the Q5 3SD should be the brightest version because it's LED is driven at 1.2A. Keep in mind that's an 18650 or other single Li-ion only light. 3SM = 2x CR123's, 1S or SM is single stage but the same voltage rules apply, SM = for cr123's.

cdosrun

Enlightened
The WC is a cool white and the 5a is a warm white. The Q5 will be brighter than the Q2 but the latter has a warmer colour which some people prefer outside. Also, some people have reported that the 1SD module is brighter than the 3SD. I have the latter in a Q5 and have been very satisfied with the output on high but the PWM flicker on the lower modes is so bad that I don't bother with them.

Essentially, just pick the module that suits your use and power source and I wouldn't worry too much about the exact amount of light coming out, it will be bright and narrow.

Andrew

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have a Dereelight, but I have built lights with warm white Crees, and so I recommend the 5A Q2. It will probably become your favorite light.