• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 20mm Tritium Illuminator - SPF

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Price Drop:
#1 20mm Illuminator - $105 - SPF
#2 30mm - SOLD

Terms:

Offers and trades: Please no offers or trades at this time.

Payment: paypal only. Cash paypal preferred. No E-Checks. If you want to use your credit card please add 3.5% due to added fees.

Shipping: United States of America addresses only. Shipping by INSURED PRIORITY mail included in price.

Reserving item:
  1. Post the number and title of the item with "I'll take it"
  2. PM me for my paypal info stating if you will pay by cash (pre-funded) or credit card.
  3. Please put your CPF alias in the paypal comments section.
Please read the above first before reserving a light. All sales final. I reserve the final say.

trit1ys2.jpg

From B@rt's group buy. The 20mm has an aftermarket black paracord neck cord. The 30mm is all original and quite large.
20mm - 3.14 x 10 x 10 = 314
30mm - 3.14 x 15 x 15 = 706.5
The illumination area of the 30mm is almost twice the size of the 20mm

#1 20mm Illuminator - $110 - $105 - SPF
#2 30mm Illuminator - $195 - $190 - SOLD

Please feel free to post questions and comments in this thread ;)
Also, i will post all replies to PM's referencing this thread here.

:thanks:

Last edited:

BenjiBot

Enlightened
Re: FS: 20mm and 30mm Tritium Illuminator(s)

Jezz, I'm not even sure what these things are and I kinda want one. You know when you've got it bad... :ohgeez:

I know what tritium is, but can you tell me what that switch-like device on the body does, or is it just part of the styling? And is there a magnifying optic or something in the front? Lastly, what have you used this lovely looking thing for, or what applications do you suggest?

Thanks

B@rt

Flashaholic

I can answer some of the questions. :)
The knob is to rotate the tritium source, so you can adjust the amount of light, and it does have a magnifying optic. The material of the body is polyamid 6 , the lens is acrylic.
The 30mm torch contains 5 Curie, the 20mm one 3 Curie. ;)

BenjiBot

Enlightened

Thanks B@rt. Can you tell me if the knob rotates to fully "switch off" the illumination? And what kind of light does the 20mm put out - something to read by, or something for the dog collar? As taken as I am by this thing it seems pricey for a glotoob-type gizmo, unless I'm missing something...

B@rt

Flashaholic

Yes, you can turn it off completely. Being tritium the brightness isn't comparable to a flashlight of course, but you can read by it with dark adapted eyes, or navigate with it in the dark, and it won't need batts for more than a decade. ;)

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast

The knob rotates a little more than 90 degrees for a full "off" or full "on". Operation is similar to the shutoff valves on water hoses.

Though, i don't recommend reading with it, it is possible to make out words with dark adjusted eyes.

It also seems tough enough to hang from a dog collar but would be a poor beacon as the light is very directional.

It is quite dim compared to a flashlight but in a pitch black room where you can't see your own hand in front of your face it lights up the place as if in green moon light.

i've been using it as a night stand night light, hanging it from the table lamp. i've used the other one to illuminate my alarm clock. It has a white face to reflect the green light.

If you want light the 30mm one would be the one to get. The 20mm one is a lot smaller though.

------------------------------------
B@rt - :thanks: for pitching in

liam_995

Newly Enlightened

NO shipping up to Canada...:confused:

I sure like them Trits...:grin2:

:whistle:

j2coe

Newly Enlightened

I'll take #2 30 mm

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast

I received your PM and replied with paypal info.
As soon as i receive payment i will mail this out to your address on file with paypal. You should receive it in 5 working days.
You will like this!
I'll take #2 30 mm

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast

paypal rec'd.
box mailed out today. you should receive in 5 working days.
:thanks:
I received your PM and replied with paypal info.
As soon as i receive payment i will mail this out to your address on file with paypal. You should receive it in 5 working days.
You will like this!
I'll take #2 30 mm

BenjiBot

Enlightened
Re: FS: 20mm Tritium Illuminator

I'll take the 20 mm. Deposit paid, balance due 15 August. Thanks :thumbsup: