ArmyTek        

Thread: Malkoff Triple Cree Q5 Drop-in

Enlightened

Default Malkoff Triple Cree Q5 Drop-in

Wondering if anyone has any input or experience with Malkoff's new Triple Cree drop-in. I have one on the way and just wanted to know what to expect.
    "Be polite. Be professional. But... always have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

Default Re: Malkoff Triple Cree Q5 Drop-in

I don't, but look forward to reading what you think about yours when it arrives...

Flashaholic

Looks to be very similar to the discontinued Quad (iirc, too difficult or costly for Gene to continue building), except using a different driver (max input voltage was about 9v for the Quad). I can tell you that the Fraen faceted reflectors he uses create a very nice, wide, single hot spot - sort of a medium thrower with plenty of flood. There is a bit of the cree ring in the transition to spill, not too noticable in outdoor use imo. Its an exceedingly tough design, with everything encapsulated in high temp epoxy - this thing is built to last. LOTS of light, but it will get hot at that current, I'd recommend a 3 or 4 D mag for extended operation.

My attempt at a review for the Quad is here:
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=192658

Quote Originally Posted by FightinCB View Post
    Wondering if anyone has any input or experience with Malkoff's new Triple Cree drop-in. I have one on the way and just wanted to know what to expect.
    FightinCB,

I asked the same question this morning in this thread but I take it no one has received theirs yet. Please do let us know what you think of it when you get it.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=204295