Help With Different Surefire Models

wolverine1

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I am sure this question has been answered before in several threads. I did try and do a search, but I am new on "forums" and could not find the right answer.

What I am asking is I have three different Surefire's. E1B, E1L, and E2L. I want to be able to use r123 or 176's, or any other cell configurations without damage to the lights.

Is there a combination of changing heads and barrels for different combinations of cells? Could you please list them for the lights I have?

Thanks In Advance,

Rick

Moka

Enlightened
Although I haven't had direct experience with any of them, I have been looking at getting either the E1B or E1L for a while and have found by searching on here that both of these aren't compatible with RCRs.
IIRC According to a couple of people on some of the threads 'some' do happen to work with RCR, but most flicker and don't work with them and I'm quite sure they're not meant to work with 'em.
As for the E2L, I would hazard a guess that they are not compatible. the E2L uses a KX2 head rated @ 6v, if you were to use 2xRCRs @ 4.2v each I think your new torch would go :poof:

FWIW I've decided I'm going to get an E1B, but I have emailed Milky to get it modded so that I can use RCRs and maybe squeeze a little more runtime out =P

Anyhoo, hope that helps dude,

Moka

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
The KX2 head will run on 3.7v, or so I am told. This means you could use it with a single RCR123 or what have you.

wolverine1

Newly Enlightened
Thank you very much Moka & Carrot :thanks:. I have a number of other lights, but I get confused with all the different models numbers from Surefire. If you know of a page that discusses the different Surefire lights with the different configurations that would be of great help. I have noticed from some of the people here on CPF that apparently there are a lot of different aftermarket combinations etc. I also have a U2, A2, Kroma, and Kroma - Mil Spec. I do have the "leaf"?? battery holder for the U2. I tried to get the 18650 holder to work on my Kroma's and it was a no go.

Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank,

Rick