SF L1 - lost the led head!

CQB

Enlightened
Hey:

Sometimes playing SF legos has its disadvantages!

I was EDCing a SF E2x with the L1 head (the newest version) powered by a PILA. Loved this light, very bright, pocket friendly, etc.

Somehow I lost it. Looked everywhere! Cant find it :shrug:

Now I'm left with the SF L1 body. I'd like to get a replacement head. But I'm a touch confused with the proper model # or name for the proper CREE version head...

If anyone can advise, I'd appreciate it!

Tks
CQB

Dobbler

Enlightened
Probably cheaper to buy a new complete light from a dealer here at a discount and then sell the extra body/tailcap to offset the cost.

The cost of just buying the head will probably be almost the cost of a new light, and harder to find.

EDIT: I hadn't thought about it, but I have a like-new L1 Cree just sitting here collecting dust. I'd take $100 shipped for it. Excellent white tint too. IM if you want it. I've found I prefer the UI on the E1B and I have two of those now.

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L1 head is abit differnt isnt it? in that its direct drive, so you were direct driving an L1 head? interesting.

I would suggest sending that body into milkyfor boring, and get a KX2 head on it. I believe i was the first one to get that done, milky deemed it the "Legolas"

Essentially a Creemator Head on a bored out L1 body, a higher resistence tailcap (for a lower low) 1.3A drive level, and a miser mode, TIR optics to maximise throw. Its become my favourite light! :)

Crenshaw

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go to the cpf market place. there are people breaking up lights for lego work all the time. you will easily find the exact head you lost..and maybe a few other items:D to play with...
Yaesumofo

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quick Question...I ran my Gen-4/Gen-5 (?...squared body w/ domed lens) L1 head on an E2e body for a few minutes...It was extremely bright...however, I was afraid I'd fry the bulb...Can this be done with no to moderate risk of blowing the lamp? Basically, can I safely run my L1 Lummax head on 2 primaries? Thanks!

Norm

Retired Administrator
What did your mother used to say? about you losing your head if it wasn't screwed on :)
Norm

CQB

Enlightened
What did your mother used to say? about you losing your head if it wasn't screwed on :)
Norm
wow, that is EXACTLY what she used to say!! And she was pretty much right, eh? ;)

thanks to all who replied! I'll probably go for a whole new unit, or contact Milky... :)

dobbler - if i do end up wanting the spare bezel you mentioned I'll IM you for sure, thanks!

CQB