HAM radio operators

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
My ID here is my old call - current call KG2V

My HF rig is a FT-1000 Field, and for UHF/VHF, I have about 10-12 rigs, ranging from an old Radio Shack, a Kenwoood G-707, and a stack of different GE commercial rigs - heck, I have 6 HTs

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
W6JHC here. I would love to have one of those 736's. Fantastic radio.
I have been QRT for the most part reciently.

This thread just motivated me to set up my Icom 910 base radio. I have a pair of 440 Loops stacked as well as a pair of 144 loops stacked ready to go. I can't wait to get back on the air working SSB across the region. I have an old beam up as well but it is vertical. I gues I will work a few repeaters with it.
Next to the 736 I love the Icom 910. No it isn't nearly as cool of a radio but it will work for me. The 910 is a darn good radio for working amateur birds too.
If any of the SoCal CPFrs are hams look for me out there soon.

Yaesumofo

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Congrats!

Not currently raidoactive but that will change with my retirement 9/30!

73, de wj6i

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool-o.

I got mine in May of 2007. One guy I work with has been a ham since 1951!!! (Yes he is still working.)

My home rig is an Icom IC-2200H with an Icom R-1500 wideband receiver.

Mobile rig is a Yaesu VX-7R handheld that is always with me. Also have a Yaesu VX-170 with the AA battery pack and like 24 Eneloops for emergency ops. The VX-7R is a great general purpose rig since it has wideband receive.

73 de KI6J-- (PM if you want the full call)

reptiles

Enlightened
73 from yet another ham.

I use a VX-7R handheld, Alinco 220, Yaesu 897D, and a Yaesu Fl-101/FR-101 pair (base HF).

=Mark

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good luck with your new ticket!

Emergency communications is my game. All the best. Maybe we'll work each other on HF some day.

73 Frank WQ1O
Cape Cod and Islands ARES DEC

dim

Enlightened
My shack when I was /4X looking west from a jut along the southern shore of the Keneret/Sea of Galilee, Israel with my Yaesu FT-817 (on the table) and MP-1 antenna (mounted to the sign). Notice Saturn and Rigel, west, in the midnight sky. I made many European contacts over a two night period from this working position including SP, OK, M, CT, IZ, and DA!

shack.jpg

dim

Brlux

Enlightened
Are you ready for this? My call is KC7LED, I must be a big nerd that likes to tie his hobbies together?
I belong to a club that launches weather balloons for schools and we use APRS (GPS linked Ham radio equipment) to track and recover the payloads. We did a flight yesterday on which I sent up my Canon A570 camera with a CHDK firmware hack.
IMG_0737%2090K%20feet%20small.JPG

This picture was at about 90,000 feet and I think that is the Ionosphere you can see around the earth.