T7 Tactical Light

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Usually one of the first thing to do when you see a Coast light is to forget about the runtime they post.

No, it won't run 130 hours at 167 lumen. Probably an hour or two on rechargeable AAA batteries.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it's some kind of translating mistake. Real runtime is about 130 minutes not hours. Unregulated with alkalines, semi-regulated with lithiums.

PS. What's the difference between P7 and T7, except slightly different design and price?

Last edited:

Yapo

Enlightened
PS. What's the difference between P7 and T7, except slightly different design and price?

I've been wondering that myself for P5/T5 or other P/T models...Ive heard that the T model has a twist focus whereas the P has a push/slide focus although i've also heard theyre both push/slide and also is it only the P/T7+ models that have a high n low mode or do the P/T5/6 and other small ones have it as well? As ive seen some sites state all have it but i have a feeling that they just got lazy and copy n pasted the same features for the smaller models...

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just checked - design is the only difference. And price - "Tactical" costs $10 more...

Yapo

Enlightened
Just checked - design is the only difference. And price - "Tactical" costs $10 more...

really? Just wondering where you got that info from because i've been told and read that the T models have a twist focus whereas P models have a push/slide focus and from the specs. the T models are slightly longer and slightly thicker bodies from the knurling whereas some P models have slightly wider bezels as well. Although the feature/descriptions do seem to vary abit on different sites...

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast

The only difference is the knurling pattern. The P7 has a square pattern, the T7 has a diamond pattern. Both have shallow knurling that isn't the greatest for grip... not as nice as the knurling on the Coast 7736 (older version, not the 7736TS that also has shallow knurling).

As far as runtime goes, Coast has always overstated them. Instead of listing useable runtime, they list how long the light will show a dim glow from the LED. For example, the 7438 will give a runtime of about 1:15 to 50%, then decline rapidly over the next half hour or so. After that, it settles into a dim glow that will last for days. Although it's a faint glow, you can still use it to find your way around a dark room... not too bad actually. BUT, I would list runtime as 2 hours or so. Coast is pretty accurate with their lumens ratings... it always puzzled me why they would go the "marketing" route with their runtimes. :shrug:

klas1

Newly Enlightened
I've had P7 version for a couple of month and it's a great little light, It's very bright for any purpose and sliding focusing mechanism is a wonderful feature. In two month of use I haven't run down the batteries (have enelope), but I don't use it every day either.