Best incan bulb for fivemegas 2.5" throwmaster?

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 2.5" throwmaster on the way and am wondering what everyone's experiences are with it? Which bulbs do you like to use with it, and why? I'll first be trying out a ROP low and wa1185 bulb. But if there are other bulbs that perform great with it, well....... you know the cpf motto :D

Thanks in advance! :tinfoil:

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tonight, I compared the 2.5" throwmaster with a normal head using the ROP low. What a difference! The spill is less, and the beam much tighter. However, the standard mag head has it's qualities too! With its wide flood and bigger corona, I'll be using both heads depending on the situation. Has anyone else had experience using the throwmaster with other bulbs?:popcorn:

Meltdown

Enlightened
heya Maxspeeds, I'm a proud new TM owner and would love to get other input as well. so far I've tried the 1185, and both Pel high and lo. all are superb! As soon as my Kiu soft start switch comes I'll give you a report on it with the 623 bulb.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Almost any bulb has a nice looking beam with more throw using it. It is a larger version of the 2" Deep Reflector, which mainly only improves the smaller WA bulbs. It is also nice because it is the same diameter as stock. If you don't mind the extra size/cost of the 2.5 Turbo, it has one of the best performances overall, and makes the most improvement with the larger Osram bulbs. Some day one of us should do a more comprehensive shootout comparing all the various reflectors.

Meltdown

Enlightened
Lux, is the standard diameter 'deep' reflector still available? I dont' see it advertised anywhere. thanks.

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any reflector will focus better with a smaller filament.
The 5761, the 64275, the 62138 all have rather small filaments and should have impressive focusability. The 62138 (USL bulb) dwarfs any of the WA bulbs, ROPs, 64275, or 5761. It can make ~120W (~4000 lumens).