Question about MTE 1xAA SSC-P4 42180-U Flashlight

elricfate

Newly Enlightened
Since DM51 decided to shutdown the thread located at: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/167532

I'll pose this question here. The light in question is listed on DX under SKU 1995, and yes it's still available for sale. Does anyone know the Pitch of the tailcap threading? I only ask because I planned on getting it as a weapon light and needed to know which pressure switch to pick up for it. I figure someone here owns it and can go ahead and measure the threading.

Thanks in advance.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I don't have the info that you need but I wouldn't recommend the MTE as a weapon light. I'd go for something more trust worthy.

What would you use the weapon for?

elricfate

Newly Enlightened
Just as a basic weapon light for an AR15, mounted to the front sight at a cant, for building clearing.

Marduke

Flashaholic
You generally need a light with a 1" body diameter for such a mount, and most remote pressure switches will fit the SureFire tailcap threading. So, something like a 6P with your choice of a P60 LED dropin might be your best option.

elricfate

Newly Enlightened
I'm also trying to avoid using anything but AA lights because I store two AAs in the grip of my AR15 as a "just in case" measure. Otherwise I would've grabbed a 6P with a pressure pad.