Props to Coast for Cust Service

DanTSX

Newly Enlightened
First time poster, long time reader. I've got a few nice lights, but my first LED that I ever bought was a Coast Led Lenser Mini Tac Torch V. A nice little keychain $15 Nichia that runs on 4 button batteries that I bought when I had to buy something with a gift certificate at a store that was going out of business. I had dropped the light a few months back from a foot or two and it became intermittent to not working at all. Long story short I finally emailed Coast customer service and they were happy to send out a replacement. I never see Coast get too much press on here so I thought it would be a nice return gesture to put in a good word on coming through with a small, but meaningfull fullfillment of warranty. They have some intersting products and I think that the little "tac torch" has a very nice beam for a little button-light lamp. They seem to put most of their research into the focus and lense systems. I think that if they brought their lights closer to what Inova offers for design and ruggedness, include more specs on their products (not just runtime, give lumens, LED type etc) and use their lense and focus systems, they would have some real winners. Their retail reach is already very strong. But anyways, kudos to them for sending me a working replacement. Even decent cust service is tough to find these days and you often dont expect anything but a "case#";)

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the forum Dan, you might want to put this in the Cheers and jeers section though :). Glad you had good luck with customer service and got it taken care of though :).

DanTSX

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to the forum Dan, you might want to put this in the Cheers and jeers section though :). Glad you had good luck with customer service and got it taken care of though :).

Thanks for the welcome! I'll leave it up to the mods to move this as appropriate, but i'll make sure I check forum suitability before creating threads in the future.

For the record, i'm using in addition to the above listed coast, a SF 6P, a SF G2L in yellow, and a gerber firecracker for my "find my way to the toilet" light, and a coleman 4D Cree lantern. I'm going to get myself a Nitecore or Fenix multi-mode light next. I dont consider myself a flashaholic but I think that these few toys have given me a good base for reference.

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually they won't be able to move it, cheers and jeers is over in the the marketplace which is a separate, although related, forum. To post over there you need to register separately. Expect this to get locked instead of moved.

:welcome:

DanTSX

Newly Enlightened
Actually they won't be able to move it, cheers and jeers is over in the the marketplace which is a separate, although related, forum. To post over there you need to register separately. Expect this to get locked instead of moved.

:welcome:

hah, well I just posted in the "good deals" subsection about a local gun shop having a 40% off sale on all their lights and they deleted the post because they thought I was trying to advertise. :thinking: They did suggest buying a "dealer" account or something equivlent I politely refused.:eek:

I'm in analytics, not selling guns much less flashlights. I think I'll just stay on this side of the board unless told otherwise.:naughty: